What are your favorite rabbit books?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olafthebunny

Reaction score
hey all, long time no post! I keep disappearing, sorry guys!
Miss posting on here and chatting with you all :D

Just thought I'd ask you guys what your favorite rabbit books are?
I personally haven't read a ton, which makes me kind of sad :lol: they don't have much rabbit books on hand here in Africa.
so I don't have a ton of faves myself. I am currently reading one though! It's not technically just a rabbit book- it's on small pets, but it does have a lot about buns in there.
It's literally called Small Pet Care. :lol:
I do like a book on Netherland Dwarfs though as well.
Some rabbit books I would love to get my hands ( ha ha, or should I saw paws, this being a rabbit forum?) on is Rabbits for Dummies. any of you ever read it? seems like an interesting book.
I most of the time don't read rabbit books, but blogs. one of my favorites is Sasha the Super Bunny. super cute blog with an amazing story.

Let me know!
have a great weekend!

The rabbit bible is Rabbit Production. It’s literally a textbook, but it has information on everything you can imagine. It’s hard to imagine a book more comprehensive! I still reference it quite frequently.

I started raising rabbits with Storeys Guide to Raising Rabbits as my pocket guide, but I went back to it a bit ago and realized, while it was good to help me start, I do virtually nothing the way it’s outlined in that book. So, I put in in a raffle at one of our local shows, hoping it might give someone the push that they need! <br /><br /> __________ Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:04 am __________ <br /><br /> The rabbit bible is Rabbit Production. It’s literally a textbook, but it has information on everything you can imagine. It’s hard to imagine a book more comprehensive! I still reference it quite frequently.

I started raising rabbits with Storeys Guide to Raising Rabbits as my pocket guide, but I went back to it a bit ago and realized, while it was good to help me start, I do virtually nothing the way it’s outlined in that book. So, I put in in a raffle at one of our local shows, hoping it might give someone the push that they need!

Domestic Rabbits & Their Histories - Breeds of the World
Doesnt have much information about everyday care, but is the go to book for rabbit history and rare breed information

Otherwise the Standard, Registrar Study Guide, and the ARBA Guidebook are the only books I ever use

best book for any rabbit owner:
The rabbit raising problem solver
it goes through building cages, houses, and others, breeding, kindling, and after, runts and troubleshooting, weening, illness, emergency care, the works! all the questions answered with that book

I have both Storey's and Keeping Poultry and Rabbits on Scraps. There are some gems in Storey's that I sometimes reference, but Scraps has a lot more in the way of both rabbits and poultry (I have both). They also have inspiring imagery on farm and pen layouts so has been a lot more helpful for my purposes as a farm still heavily in the growing stages.

Back