What are these breeds?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I wanted to know the breed of the following rabbits. I have a hunch that they are English Spots.

Thank you,
Joanne and Michael

Attachments

• IMG_2152.jpg
    IMG_2152.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2146.jpg
    IMG_2146.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Images are showing up now. They are mixed breeds, that is as far as we can tell. Definitely not english spots. They don't look anything like english spots. Most breeds come in that spotted color ("broken pattern") so who knows what its ancestry is.

Hi everyone,
I wanted to know the breed of the following rabbits. I have a hunch that they are English Spots.

Thank you,
Joanne and Michael
i can see how u would think they are english spots, but many breeds have that same fur pattern, and those rabbits looked mixed to me, so it will be extremely hard to figure out what breed they are. they sure are cute though!

Hi everyone,

Thank you,
Joanne and Michael
Probably not English Spot, they have a short thicker coat and a thin long body as well as a full arch (this is my girlie)

The second one looks like it might have polish mixed in there because the eye and facial structure. My first pet rabbit was a new Zealand/polish mix hehe! She had buggy eyes but any breed can have the broken look. When they're grown you may have better luck!

Attachments

• 00d0d_bt2Be0nKg01z_0t20CI_600x450.jpg
    00d0d_bt2Be0nKg01z_0t20CI_600x450.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 7
i can see how u would think they are english spots, but many breeds have that same fur pattern, and those rabbits looked mixed to me, so it will be extremely hard to figure out what breed they are. they sure are cute though!
Thank you so much for your advice! It's greatly appreciated it. We named our black girl, Midnight, and the spotty male, Chico Vargas.

Probably not English Spot, they have a short thicker coat and a thin long body as well as a full arch (this is my girlie)

The second one looks like it might have polish mixed in there because the eye and facial structure. My first pet rabbit was a new Zealand/polish mix hehe! She had buggy eyes but any breed can have the broken look. When they're grown you may have better luck!
She is such a cutie! ...Thank you so much for your advice! It's definitely so hard to identify some of these rabbits. I can definitely see New Zealand in my male rabbit. He has a long, thin body. Do you think he can be more of a checkered giant? I feel that there is more of a resemblance when comparing him and an image off the internet.

Images are showing up now. They are mixed breeds, that is as far as we can tell. Definitely not english spots. They don't look anything like english spots. Most breeds come in that spotted color ("broken pattern") so who knows what its ancestry is.
Thank you so much! Definitely can be a mixture of breeds (so frustrating). LOL

Do you think he can have a mix of a checkered giant? I feel that there is more of a resemblance when comparing him and an image off the internet.

She is such a cutie! ...Thank you so much for your advice! It's definitely so hard to identify some of these rabbits. I can definitely see New Zealand in my male rabbit. He has a long, thin body. Do you think he can be more of a checkered giant? I feel that there is more of a resemblance when comparing him and an image off the internet.
Maybe? Checkered Giants still have that full arch. I don't know how old he is or how much he weighs or what he's a cross between unfortunately, but when he's mature you'll definitely see defining traits easier! Sorry for the lack of advice

Thank you so much! Definitely can be a mixture of breeds (so frustrating). LOL

Do you think he can have a mix of a checkered giant? I feel that there is more of a resemblance when comparing him and an image off the internet.
No. Checkered giants don't show up in the pet trade. They are very large and usually extremely aggressive. A very rare breed. Any breed can have that pattern. Its the long, full arch body type which distinguishes english spots and checkered giants, which these rabbits just don't have.

they look liked mixed breed, generic mutts. Best guess.... see what the most popular breeds are in your area for their mature size, and assume they are crosses between the two. :)

Latest posts

Back