What are good healthy.......................

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a cutie! I feed mine organic dandelion greens, parsley. Green onions dill fennel carrots tops. I'm sure if you search rabbit safe veggies a list will pop up. Since carrot are a root veggie and are pretty sugary you can probably just use those as treats- I offer apple slices and a few blueberries too.

Thank you so much! Can I see a picture of your rabbit too? :) Okay, Thanks for the info

Blackberry vines!!! mine go nuts for any kind of bramble vine. You don't have to worry about the thorns they like them anyway! Also Maple leaves and branches and fruit tree branches and prunings are a big hit. Branches are a big hit in general, it helps them keep their teeth in good shape, and keeps them from trying to chew the cage in boredom.

Oh, I have a chunk of pumpkin in each cage as a seasonal treat right now too--they don't love it as much as I thought they would, but it is getting nibbled on and it makes me smile. You could carve a tiny jack'o'lantern for BunBun! Photo op for sure.

Please remember that rabbits are herbivores, not vegetarians. You can certainly feed some vegetables, but the brambles, willow, dandelion greens and so forth are better choices.

I posted a Safe Plants list in the Natural Feeding forum. Lots of good choices there. Remember to introduce anything new slowly.

All good treats. I try to bag up dry leaves and feed them through the winter. Kinda like potato chips for them.
Clean brown paper is fine for rabbits. Cutting a TP tube in half n put hay in it for a toy they can eat. Helps with boredom n stress I believe. Or cut larger diameter sticks 1" or so 3" long that they can throw around n play with.
You have a cute bunny

MaggieJ's list is a wonderful resource! I have noticed when I feed my rabbits too many fresh greens or veggies their poop tends to be too soft. So I primarily feed hay, grass and yard forage, like safe tree branches and leaves. They are loving all the fall leaves blowing into my yard right now.

Attachments

• PXL_20211025_145229960.MP.jpg
    PXL_20211025_145229960.MP.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 7
Thank you SO much for all the great information, That will probably help my bunny a LOT.
-Bunbun71

Latest posts

Back