What a week (we have rabbits!)

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok guys, I take back any grumbles I've ever made about people's cell phone pictures looking blurry when popple pictures are posted. :oops:

Judy's litter must be half-jumping-bean! And I was so excited I probably wasn't holding my phone as still as I could have, anyway. I confirmed the buck Judy was bred to was a broken blue otter... so with Judy being castor (carries otter, though) I think I can rule out any "self" colors, right? Well, if anyone wants to take a stab at what I'm looking at, you're welcome to.
:lol:

Judy's litter of 4. I am adding 3 pictures just in case some popples are blurrier than others.
[album]3806[/album]

[album]3807[/album]

[album]3808[/album]

And a little update on the twins, still growing and getting more curious every day. :D
[album]3809[/album]

Yes no self colors for Judy but it's too early to tell the difference between agouti and otter colors at this stage. They need to at least start getting fur so you can see the ticking.

You've got a broken opal/blue otter, an opal/blue otter, and a castor/otter and castor/otter.

alforddm":3808sts3 said:
Yes no self colors for Judy but it's too early to tell the difference between agouti and otter colors at this stage. They need to at least start getting fur so you can see the ticking.

You've got a broken opal/blue otter, an opal/blue otter, and a castor/otter and castor/otter.
Yeah, I wasn't sure if there was a way to tell agoutis and otters this young. Thank you for your help!
(I'm crossing my fingers for agoutis so they'll probably end up being otters, right?) :lol:

alforddm":2qghbi1m said:
Yep, that is always the way it goes. :lol: :lol:
Welp... we were half right, alforddm! Two castors and two blue otters. :p :lol:

The broken blue otter kit is the biggest one so far (and the solid castor is the smallest). But gosh, aren't they cute?! :in_love:
[album]3812[/album]

I took them out yesterday for about 15 minutes because 1) I wanted an updated photo of the little munchkins, and 2) because Judy had practically eaten them out of house and home. She seems to think their nest is a personal buffet bar, and ate almost all the hay out of the nest box (ok, there was like an inch high layer left... but come on!). So I refilled it with some plain shredded paper that I had on hand and a few handfuls more hay. And a sprinkling more of my wool stash, all cut to bits (note: since I've started spinning, it's become emotionally painful to take scissors to good fiber... I'm not happy about losing my merino to a hare-brained mama bun). But they are warm and happy in their nest again, and have a proper hollow to burrow into. The things we do for love. :oops:
[album]3813[/album]

Hope everyone's having a great day! :bunnyhop:

Latest posts

Back