We bred her 42 days ago…

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bbunnies

Reaction score
So we KNOW we need this doe May 20. The only reason we’re SURE is because we went on vacation. She finally kindled yesterday at 41 days. I don’t know if it was some sort of late conception that happened but I was frantic trying to research because she was getting bigger and bigger and not kindling and we could feel babies moving. I couldn’t find anything about a 35+ day pregnancy. She usually kindles on day 33-35 and this is litter number 4 so I was getting nervous because she’s such a good mom and we didn’t want to lose her. We usually don’t lose any with her either and she raises them rather well. She had 11 as is her usual. White New Zealand. Just wanted to post it is POSSIBLE for anyone who might have this in the future. Not the norm obviously. But just want someone to know out there that might be seeing their doe get bigger and bigger and know they’re pregnant that we had one go to 41 days. All kits are plump and fed this morning. No DOA.

Attachments

• IMG_1929.jpeg
    IMG_1929.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
those kits look like day 31-32 day pregnancy, not like they were 11 days late. Whenever I've had does run late on a pregnancy you can tell in the kits with hair growth that something odd has happened. And yes I know you know when you bred her, but one needs to look at the kits and ask some questions. Housed next to a buck? Could your rabbit caretaker have made an error in judgement? What other explanation might be possible even if unlikely?

those kits look like day 31-32 day pregnancy, not like they were 11 days late. Whenever I've had does run late on a pregnancy you can tell in the kits with hair growth that something odd has happened. And yes I know you know when you bred her, but one needs to look at the kits and ask some questions. Housed next to a buck? Could your rabbit caretaker have made an error in judgement? What other explanation might be possible even if unlikely?
Maybe the sperm just took a while to arrive? Dunno, that's all I got 😅

She was all on her lonesome. Our breeding does have their own 30x36 cage that isn’t connected and our bucks have their own space. We’ve also got cameras in the barn so I went back and extra checked that that was the day we bred. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Maybe she just didn’t conceive immediately? Not sure.

Latest posts

Back