Wanted to Share a Blessing!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_Dutchess

Reaction score
My brother recently got out of Polish rabbits. He loved them but there were too many problems with the doe. We were guaranteed that she was a great show rabbit and amazing mother. Well she literally looked like a humpback and out of 14 live kits, 2 survived to adulthood. She has caused me especially so much emotional grief since she produced the friendliest rabbit I've ever seen and then it died because she dried up too quick. This doe has never eaten much or held condition even when we babied her for months. So she never had enough nutrients to feed them since she for some reason went off feed like 2 weeks before delivery.
Anyway, so my brother sold all of his stock (3 rabbits) and decided to get into a different breed. Our 4-H leader has been asking for someone to show Mini Satins because we have none, so my brother decided to get into those. He got in touch with a very friendly breeder. This breeder is top notch, culls hard, only breeds the best. His usual price for rabbits is $150 each. We can't afford that (we're 4-h and pay our own rabbit bills. So my brother can home with a black otter doe and a darling little chinchilla buck for $50 total!!! It was just a huge blessing because My brother was getting pretty frustrated with all the dead kits and its awesome that he got good quality rabbits and the breeder was so cooperative and friendly.
I'll add pictures soon. Their names are Gallardo and Porsche (pronounced Por-sha).

Thank you for sharing! Always nice to hear of blessings.
That sounds like a very frustrating and emotionally draining experience he endured!
Wishing him a wonderful fresh start with these new rabbits!

That's wonderful for your brother and you...Some animals are not meant to be mothers, sounds like you got one before...I never take any-ones word for how any animal will perform. Been there done that, had the dinner...Thanks for sharing, I am happy to see that some out there still support the kids just starting out...Keep us updated on his progress :D

Congratulations! So nice to hear of a breeder encouraging the youth of the fancy like that!

That is awesome!
It is so great to see folks supporting youth.
My daughter bought a trio of Hollands with her own money from a breeder who gave her such great support and a really good deal, having promised that if my daughter comes to the upcoming semi-local show, she will show her the ropes of showing.
As a parent I am so moved by such kindness, and it is the right way to start future fanciers!

Good luck to your brother and his new buns!

COngratulations! It's awesome that you found such a great breeder. I'm sure she realized they were going to a great home.

My foster son just received a similar blessing. We were at a rabbit show and he was so interested in all the different breeds, especially the lops, that a very kind lady and a breeder of mini lops gifted him with a lovely 5 month old doe. He is so very excited to start showing and about being able to take her to the county fair. There are some very special people involved in rabbits!

Gallardo and Porsche, huh? Must be into cars! :lol: :lol: <br /><br /> __________ Sun May 31, 2015 11:20 am __________ <br /><br /> Gallardo and Porsche, huh? Must be into cars! :lol: :lol:

Back