Vent disease or just pimples?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sapphirecollies

Reaction score
I don’t know if anyone knows what this could be but i have a weird (for me) situation and would appreciate any advice/ knowledge you can give me.

I have 8 rabbits all in fairly close proximity to one another but separated by solid walls (they are in cages in a barn)

I have a buck (mocha) and he has not been bred for at least 6 months or come in contact with any females in that time frame, however I noticed about 2 weeks ago that he had (what looked like) a pimple on his private, I did a ton of research and found out it could be either vent disease or just pimples, So I decided to check all my other bunnies to see if they had it as well, I had one other buck (doc) who was bred to a doe about a month ago (she still doesn’t have any) and a doe (flora) that was bred to a different buck about a month ago (he still doesn’t have any) that had smaller pimples on there privates, i tried to pop them (as this is what I was told to do) but they wouldn’t pop at all.
I checked them the next day and the 2 bucks still had them but the flora was all cleared up.
And being that they didn’t have any sores anywhere else in their body (my research showed they probably would with vent disease) I concluded that they were just pimples.

However, it has been about 2 weeks and they still have them (no other sores and they haven’t gotten any worse) and One of my other bucks (gizmo) who’s never been bred , now has one as well.

Mocha’s pimple finally popped yesterday and I squeezed out more puss today and gizmo’s popped very easily but doc’s still won’t pop (they are also A LOT smaller than the other two’s)

I tried to get a pic but it is really hard and my phone won’t focus enough, this is the best I could get.

Does this still sound just like a pimple or could it be something else?
And is it just a coincidence that they got them so close together or could the changing weather or other environmental changes have anything to do with it?

Attachments

• 15C14FFB-6DC2-4DA9-BAE2-C57F6FBFE0F6.jpeg
    15C14FFB-6DC2-4DA9-BAE2-C57F6FBFE0F6.jpeg
    64.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 4304CD29-09E6-49A3-A30A-6262A73E22D6.jpeg
    4304CD29-09E6-49A3-A30A-6262A73E22D6.jpeg
    48.4 KB · Views: 13
Back