Urine guards?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aileen

Reaction score
My rabbits are in my dining room and invariably I end up w/pee on the floor. Do urine guards work, keeping the pee in the tray and off the floor?

I am not sure if you have intact does, bucks, or both, but guards work really well for me.. for the most part. If a buck is trying his best to spray out of the cage, he will usually succeed regardless of what is in his way, but they do contain most of the splashes from all of my gang. I have one doe that somehow always gets past the guards and her tray, but she is an oddity among the ladies. I have taped a plastic barrier up behind the stackers and along the floor to catch anything the guards miss. I wipe it down with a vinegar/water wash about once monthly to keep it clean.

Best of luck!

Lauren

I really need to dig out the urine guards I bought a while back but never seemed to need until now. The doe that's in the cage rack we built seems to manage to pee out of the corner of her cage onto the floor instead of into the poo pan below. The other cages are sitting directly on the poo pans (for now), but her cage is sitting several inches above the poo pan (gonna have to adjust that in the next cage rack we build).

Latest posts

Back