Update Pics on First 3 Litters!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OneAcreFarm

Reaction score
Here are some more recent pics of the buns!
This is Amy's litter at one week old...
Amy 2011A 7D.jpg

Amy 2011A 7Db.jpg

This is Padme's plus a foster from Amy, they were due the same day but decided to come three days later. See the little guy? We have been trying to give him an extra feeding at night but he is still much smaller...funny thing is that he did not start out as a runt. He is just not growing as quickly.
View attachment 1

This is Leia's litter, they were born the same day as Padme's, she waited two extra days. There are six of them but this group looked so cute I had to get a close up!
Leia 2011A 4D.jpg

Attachments

• Padme 2011A  4D.jpg
    Padme 2011A 4D.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 943
MaggieJ":2e7rmq2t said:
They look great, Shannon! Lots of little chubs! :D
What do you think about that one little one....? We are holding him to mom for an extra feeding in the evenings, but he is just not growing like the others....

Well, I think if he survives he will be delicious. I wouldn't keep him as a breeder, obviously, and I might not even work that hard to be sure he grew. If he isn't getting weak, I would just let him be small.

You will be butchering over a week or two window, taking the largest first, with as many kits as you have coming along, so just leave him for the last batch, and maybe he will be a few oz shy, but not a big deal. Remember, he is just one or two meals, and a few oz either way isn't going to matter. And sometimes they catch up--my biggest out of the last litter were butchered a week early. Then my "smallest" out-weighed them by almost a half pound a week later.

eco2pia":3p1o4eix said:
Well, I think if he survives he will be delicious. I wouldn't keep him as a breeder, obviously, and I might not even work that hard to be sure he grew. If he isn't getting weak, I would just let him be small.

You will be butchering over a week or two window, taking the largest first, with as many kits as you have coming along, so just leave him for the last batch, and maybe he will be a few oz shy, but not a big deal. Remember, he is just one or two meals, and a few oz either way isn't going to matter. And sometimes they catch up--my biggest out of the last litter were butchered a week early. Then my "smallest" out-weighed them by almost a half pound a week later.

That makes alot of sense!

Thanks!

Congrats!! They look wonderful. I love that last picture, sometimes they way they lay on each other is just too adorable!!

Back