Update On My Mini Lop Couples!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honeybunnies

Reaction score
Hi,

I thought I would update you on the progress of my 3 Mini Lop couples!

:campfire:

Although I didn't actually see one mating between all 3 couples in the 2 & 3 weeks that each buck & doe were in the same enclosure together, I believe 2 of the does are in kit, as they look rounder & also feel rounder, so they both have the enclosure that they were in with their partners to themselves, along with a nest box. One doe's tummy feels quite soft & the other's more firm, but both bigger. The firm doe has had a couple of litters before & for the other it would be her first litter.

If they kit from the time they were put in with their partners, they would be due about April 5th. So I will plan on that date, but it could be out by a week, to be on the safe side. I will put hay in the enclosure on day 28 from the time that I first put them together, as advised by those of you that are following this post & see what happens :countsheep:

The third doe doesn't look or feel rounder to the same extent that the other two do really, so I have put her back into an enclosure with her partner & all is going well. I'm pretty sure she is not in kit. I have put a nest box in & will still put hay in the enclosure around the same time as the other two does, just to be sure & see what she does, but I'm guessing she didn't take. It would be her first litter.

So wish me luck with 2 of them at this stage & I believe it's back to square one with the third doe :eek:utonlimb:

We hope you have a couple nest boxes full of little wiggleys :) The third might just suprise you being the first time and all, that is how most are oops didn't know she was. Some of our does never look like they took but they are like clock work pull a little fur, have kits, pull ton of fur. We have 2 totally bald chested does atm and 2 getting some of their hair back now. lol Wishing you the best of luck. <br /><br /> -- Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:15 am -- <br /><br /> Oh, and please keep us up to date and pics are worth a thousand words :)

Thank you for your kind wishes & yes it certainly would be nice if the 3rd doe surprises me :)

My Mini Lops are various colours & just my indoor pets. I have been careful in my pairings to hopefully get the colour results that I would prefer. That 3rd doe is a blue eyed white, that I would like to improve head type on especially. She has pretty blue eyes.

The buck I put her with is a broken orange & he's lovely, looks wise & temperament wise as well. He's the one in my avatar picture!

kind regards, honeybunnies :bunnyhop:

Latest posts

Back