uh oh!!! might have a problem.... Tattoos

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

watersedgerabbitry

Reaction score
So the state fair is in a week so I tattooed the rabbits that are in the pre Jr. Class and my meat pen glass. I was wanting to wait until the last minute since they were so young but I just went out before bed to make sure everone was ok and boy did I get a suprise!!!!! All of the ones that I tattooed are covered in the green tattoo paste =-O. I used Ketchums green tattoo paste. Does anyone know if this will come off by its self or if I try to wash it off?

What can I do? They are Cals

Hmm...it's not close to St. Patrick's Day, so that excuse won't work...I got nothing.

Hope someone who can actually help sees this soon.

Grease might work, like that hand grease to clean your hands when working with cars? Goop?

Don't feel bad. I used that green paste too, and my one bun is red, white, and green. It's a MexiBunny! :groooan:

I've come to the conclusion that the tattoo paste needs to be applied with a q-tip sparingly. I rub it in and wipe off as much excess as I can with a junk rag.

And no, the roll on ink is no better. I've got the black and the green roll on inks too. My white NZ I tried the black roll on ink with, and she's got a black streak down the side of her head now... :slap:

I've had limited success using the cheap baby wipes from walmart. The ones that are $0.89 for an 80ct pack. 50% rubbing alcohol works ok, but you have to wait a few days if you're using it near the tattoo itself.

You could also try a bunny bath with original dawn dish detergent. Some of mine like it, some don't... :shrug:

bobqdevon":2jlih2py said:
Don't feel bad. I used that green paste too, and my one bun is red, white, and green. It's a MexiBunny! :groooan:

I've come to the conclusion that the tattoo paste needs to be applied with a q-tip sparingly. I rub it in and wipe off as much excess as I can with a junk rag.

Ok....so when you apply the paste ...then you clamp the tattoo .....then you wipe off all excess including on top of where you just clamped?

And no, the roll on ink is no better. I've got the black and the green roll on inks too. My white NZ I tried the black roll on ink with, and she's got a black streak down the side of her head now... :slap:

And thanks for all the in put also

I've had limited success using the cheap baby wipes from walmart. The ones that are $0.89 for an 80ct pack. 50% rubbing alcohol works ok, but you have to wait a few days if you're using it near the tattoo itself.

You could also try a bunny bath with original dawn dish detergent. Some of mine like it, some don't... :shrug:

I clamp the ear clean, then apply ink/paste wirh q-tip sparingly. Q-tip makes rubbing the ink into the holes easier.

Latest posts

Back