Turning green

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carmin

Reaction score
My white New Zealand doe has turned green under her chin, dewlap area. I don't think she has been injured and I haven't fed her anything green. What's going on and what should I do about it? I'm very new to rabbits. Thank you for reading and TIA for comments.

Check her teeth. She could have a problem making it difficult to keep her chewed food in her mouth. Have you been giving her a lot of greens? That could cause a lot of green in her cecotropes that would easily end up on her chin and dewlap.

Just another thought. I've had a few rabbits that really loved their pellets and were pretty sloppy about drinking water too. They'd literally shove their faces into the bowl of pellets. If they did that after a drink they had green pellet mush down their fronts.

Sh
does she have anything she rests her chin are that is green? does she wet her chin in water? Does she drool or dribble water?
She wets her chin in her crock then lays her head on her pellet tray for a nap. I can't find anything wrong with her. I'm beginning to think she's just messy.

I'd be included to think that as well. You might want to consider moving her pellet tray, or giving her a bottle to drink out of to help keep her dry.

I'd be included to think that as well. You might want to consider moving her pellet tray, or giving her a bottle to drink out of to help keep her dry.
Or give her a more comfortable pillow... a scrap of folded blanket (my rabbits love wool and fleece) or a doll sized actual pillow (depending on how destructive she plays)

Latest posts

Back