trigger death i need help

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daniiwicked

BMB-Danii Hardin
Reaction score
Hello, so I have 2 rabbits that are dead, they were fine yesterday and this morning when i went to check on them. i do my noon check and i find that one was on the verge of passing. acting like it was seizing and couldn't breathe, and one wasn't looking to good (siblings) so i took them in and the one bad off passed in my arms. i still have the other one here with me she isn't moving and is acting like she don't have any strength. .. this is my grow-out cage. so there was another litter in there as well that consisted of 3. so in total there were 6 in this area.
the other 3 are perfectly fine!both of these ones smell like onions

second deceased rabbit.. i go back out to make sure everyone else was alright, and i find the second dead rabbit in a cage in close range to the other cage. this one was also with its sibling but the sibling is doing well.
this rabbit had a red swollen somewhat bloody back end... it was really red

i have no clue what happened as they were completely fine when I did my morning check and yesterday evening.

Can you submit one to your state lab for testing? That is what we do for unexplained poultry deaths and it provides a lot of info. (Haven’t had any unexplained rabbit deaths yet….)

honestly, I have no clue, I feel if it was that thought it would have taken my whole rabbitry out though everyone else is doing fine the one that was near death has gotten her energy back is eating and drinking.

Latest posts

Back