Trees and bushes rabbits can chew on.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user8584

Reaction score
Please give me some direction on what trees or bushes my rabbits can chew on. I have pine, oak, tallow, crape myrtle, persimmon,ash, pecan,cypress, and pear In my yard, and apple almost forgot. The rabbits seem bored.

as far as I know.. not the nut bearing trees. If you know the botanical names you could look them up. :)

if your bunnies are bored... you can give them toys. (pinecones, pieces of wood, HARD solid balls, hard plastic toddler toys etc)

Apple branches are just fine, and I expect pear as well. Mine will happily chew on the green part of our cedar trees.

as far as I know.. not the nut bearing trees. If you know the botanical names you could look them up. :)

if your bunnies are bored... you can give them toys. (pinecones, pieces of wood, HARD solid balls, hard plastic toddler toys etc)

Apple branches are just fine, and I expect pear as well. Mine will happily chew on the green part of our cedar trees.
Thinks for your help

Please give me some direction on what trees or bushes my rabbits can chew on. I have pine, oak, tallow, crape myrtle, persimmon,ash, pecan,cypress, and pear In my yard, and apple almost forgot. The rabbits seem bored.
Mine do fine with my plum tree. I also have willow and mulberry.
I would ask in this thread about your trees: The New Safe Plants for Rabbits List
I think you should have a couple that are okay like the ash.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back