Toys/Boredom Busters

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JG3

Reaction score
What do you use for boredom busters for your rabbits? We have one who keeps playing with her water dish and dumping it out for something to do. And clearly she can’t keep going without water for long periods of time. NZ/Cali breed if that matters. Only idea I have so far is pine cones.

I make lots of foraging and shredding toys out of cardboard and paper. Empty tissue boxes, paper towel rolls, pasta boxes, cardboard egg cartons etc get stuffed full of hay and a few treats.

I braid and weave fresh raspberry and blackberry canes or fresh cut willow and let dry to make toys. Branches and twigs from rabbit safe trees like apple make good toys. I'll bundle a bunch of twigs up and tie them off with some cotton or hemp twine. My rabbits love tossing those around.

You can get jingly cat toys at Dollar tree, then buy curtain hooks at Walmart and put the jinglies on the hooks16501328268223026010879785452052.jpg

linking toddler toys, toddler stacking bins, apple branches, metal can lids, HARD plastic balls

Switch her to a water bottle. I have three crock dumpers being switched next week back to bottles.

I tried those, the rabbits tried eating them regardless of what I did. Lost one to eating a piece. So I'd use them with caution!
I haven't seen any of them chewing on it much. Except for one, and she's perfectly healthy

They get alfalfa hay cubes as chew toys. Or assorted branches and leaves and twigs and such. Or they can chase each other if they like. Keeping the doe herd in a group gives them friends to play with. The bucks have to hang out by themselves, though.

linking toddler toys, toddler stacking bins, apple branches, metal can lids, HARD plastic balls

Switch her to a water bottle. I have three crock dumpers being switched next week back to bottles.
Trying to avoid switching to a water bottle since they will freeze quicker in the winter. Where she came from she had a crock too, so there just must be less to do here. LOL. Thanks, for the suggestions! By metal can lids, do you mean canning lids? Like the rings?

They get alfalfa hay cubes as chew toys. Or assorted branches and leaves and twigs and such. Or they can chase each other if they like. Keeping the doe herd in a group gives them friends to play with. The bucks have to hang out by themselves, though.
Thanks for the suggestions! We‘ve been doing hay cubes and I think it has helped! Going to get my hands on some apple branches to bundle!

Trying to avoid switching to a water bottle since they will freeze quicker in the winter. Where she came from she had a crock too, so there just must be less to do here. LOL. Thanks, for the suggestions! By metal can lids, do you mean canning lids? Like the rings?
Just the metal lids from pickle jars etc. I don't give anything they could get Stuck in.... Some bunnies are either stupid or accident prone.....

Doesn't need to be permanent. :). I do water bottles in warm months, crocks in the cold

i just give my bunnies a plain old cardboard box and they have so much fun jumping on it and jumping down and moving it around how they like and chewing it up and whatever else they want XD they love it hehe

Latest posts

Back