Tizzy's First Kindle

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ihatedarkroast

Reaction score
IMG_20230425_165124296.jpgIMG_20230425_165247102.jpgIMG_20230425_170225910.jpgIMG_20230425_165129711.jpg I just wanted to share the pictures. They are rex. I think there are 8? They are very squeaky and wriggly. There was not a single tuft of fur this morning when I left for work. And when I came back from work I was like where did all that fur come from?

I know it's not great but I used a diaper box for a nesting box. If it gets gross I have a backup ready. I heard from the sales lady at Rural King that their supplier stopped making nesting boxes a couple years ago because metal became too expensive.

This is my first experience raising the babies. Wish me luck!

American Chinchilla. They are pretty but all the kits look the same. :) It is a blessing and a curse
I like the feel and look of the chinchilla type. We tried one for a little while and the fur was so pretty!

IMG_20230426_175141635_HDR.jpg
I think the kits ate today. They are less wrinkly and very wiggly and squeaky. All of them appear to be moving around. Yeah the brokens are super cute!
As a bonus today, Chocolate my other doe might have been successfully bred. Harvey got one falloff. I tried once with Chocolate a couple months ago, but her kits didnt make it due to them being scattered around the cage and not warm enough...my fault as I didn't prepare well enough. I was so sure she wasn't pregnant. This time she has a really secure, cozy hutch. I hope she manages to have them in the nest box instead all over the place or they will go to my friend's pet cornsnake. :(

I like the feel and look of the chinchilla type. We tried one for a little while and the fur was so pretty!

View attachment 35528
I think the kits ate today. They are less wrinkly and very wiggly and squeaky. All of them appear to be moving around. Yeah the brokens are super cute!
As a bonus today, Chocolate my other doe might have been successfully bred. Harvey got one falloff. I tried once with Chocolate a couple months ago, but her kits didnt make it due to them being scattered around the cage and not warm enough...my fault as I didn't prepare well enough. I was so sure she wasn't pregnant. This time she has a really secure, cozy hutch. I hope she manages to have them in the nest box instead all over the place or they will go to my friend's pet cornsnake. :(
You're keeping rabbits around where a snake is??

I think the interpretation I am getting here is that if she doesn't keep them alive, the dead babies will be repurposed as pet snake food--a good use of them in my opinion, better than just throwing them in the bin.

Oooh, I didn't mean it that way! A friend at church has a pet snake in a terrarium at her house. When that litter didn't make it, I put the dead newborns into ziploc bags in my freezer to give to her when I saw her later at church. And we quietly pretended it never happened so the old ladies don't faint. XD So she has requested that if I lose any more baby bunnies, if she could have them. But I really would like them all to make it!

Latest posts

Back