Throw your rabbit names at me!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a lot of names!! Karma, Aquamarine, Ursula, Heidi, Paloma, Brandi, Juliet, Powerful, Foxy, Sugar Daddy, Crazy Dude, Reyna, Dragon Fruit, Veronica, Sanem, Max, Terminator, Leyla, Ember, And Ariel!!! I’ve had lots more and lots I didn’t mention!!!
Thank you!

I also have a hard time naming them. I have a new buck that is still called "New Guy" . . . I had a litter for sale that were of age at Christmas, so they all had Christmas names "Sparkle, Tinsel, Cocoa, Nutmeg, Eggnog, Marley, Tiny Tim"

I wanted to keep 2 does (well, 3, but one turned out to be a buck LOL) and they were named "Paisley" and "Nutmeg" but I didn't like "Nutmeg" and since she has a white spot on her forehead that is shaped exactly like an arrow, her name is now "Pocahontas" ... not the best name, but I couldn't think of any other 'Indian / Native American" name.

Then I realized that they are both "P" names, and maybe it would be a good idea to pick a letter and name all the rabbits from that litter with the same initial letter so I could more easily keep track of which ones were the same age. All the ones with the same letter are the same year. This would work for 26 years LOL

Good luck with the names, and keep us posted.

- Liz
Seriously considering Marley! Thanks

To start out with, we named each kit in a litter alphabetically, as in A, B, C, D, E, and F. When we decided to keep one, we chose a name based on the letter she received as a kit. Our original breeders also came with names, which we kept in honor of where they came from. We tend to name any kits that we think we might keep with something generic so that it is easier to talk about them. If we decide to keep them then we work out a name that reflects their personality and something about the nickname they had before. Our breeders now are named:
Fletcher
Nevada
Sebastian
Sand (in your eye)
Slipper
Allegory (of the cave)

We have two bucks that we aren't sure if they will be keepers or meat, so for now they are named Black Boi and Brown Boi. If we end up keeping either of them then they will probably get upgraded names.
I will definitely keep this in mind when I start breeding!

Here is a big list I found a while back! Looks like the names of all the rabbits they've had at their rabbitry. Förslag på djurnamn - Teddytassens Kaningård

We name ours on a theme. A litter of 7 was named for each day of the week. A litter of 9 were the planets (+ Pluto). Other litters were characters from movies, baseball teams, pastries, etc.

I don't know how people have like 50 rabbits. It just doesn't sound fun at all. And all of them are named after their ear numbers or stuff like that

We peaked at 52 rabbits all at once last summer and I named every single one of them. It helps that no one else knew their names so believed me no matter if I grabbed the correct rabbit or not LOL. The litter named the days of the week were all black and looked identical without intense scrutiny. I just would pick one up and introduce it as whatever day it happened to be 😂

Here is a big list I found a while back! Looks like the names of all the rabbits they've had at their rabbitry. Förslag på djurnamn - Teddytassens Kaningård

We name ours on a theme. A litter of 7 was named for each day of the week. A litter of 9 were the planets (+ Pluto). Other litters were characters from movies, baseball teams, pastries, etc.

We peaked at 52 rabbits all at once last summer and I named every single one of them. It helps that no one else knew their names so believed me no matter if I grabbed the correct rabbit or not LOL. The litter named the days of the week were all black and looked identical without intense scrutiny. I just would pick one up and introduce it as whatever day it happened to be 😂
Thank you for that list! And holy!! How much time did you have to spend cleaning?

Hello all,

I recently got a new rabbit and I’m looking for inspiration! Would anyone mind sharing their own rabbits’ names so I can have a large list to look through?
I’m thinking Lulu, Lily, Maggie…

Attachments

• 36A6A376-1A36-4481-AA29-25AFA9E0145A.jpeg
    36A6A376-1A36-4481-AA29-25AFA9E0145A.jpeg
    274.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 61D3E811-D4D1-4C4A-81CE-2803107F407B.jpeg
    61D3E811-D4D1-4C4A-81CE-2803107F407B.jpeg
    184.4 KB · Views: 3
Thank you for that list!

Yeah, that list is pretty extensive! So many cool names from it!

How much time did you have to spend cleaning?

As far as cleaning... Most fryers just stayed in runs/tractors during their grow out time and I just left the waste to fertilize my yard. My dogs helped with some of the cleanup, too :sick:😂 But I was cleaning enclosures daily. Only one mother doe taught her kits how to use the litterboxes. The rest were quite the mess! Lessons learned for me, though. It was a lot for me to handle on my own! I was out of work at the time, so had plenty of time to spend tending to the buns -- but I'm not doing that again any time soon LOL. Having a large litter of 13 (my other does give me 4-6 kits) plus a doe I acquired turned out to be unexpectedly pregnant; the stars aligned into a bunny overload for me!

I’m thinking Lulu, Lily, Maggie…

I really like Lily! She's reminiscent of Lilium Lionheart:

1646319630670.png [image source]

My rabbits I have now:
Snowflake, Victoria, Hipster, Buccee

Rabbits I've had in the past:
Stonewall, Luna, Briar, Duchess, Sophie, Coco, Mudslide, Kahlua, Tika, Java, Finnegan, Coal, Shamrock, Limerick.

I'm always a fan of a funny, punny name.

Atilla the Bun
Barack O’Bunny
Bun Affleck
Bunilla Ice
David Hasselhop
David Hopperfield
Harecules
Harry Hopper
Hop Tart
Luke Skyhopper
Marilyn Bunroe
Mary Hoppins
Napoleon Bunnyparte
Rabbit Downey Jr
The Chosen Bun

Other ideas: Rabbit Name Generator - [265+ Fabulously Fuzzy Ideas!]

These lists are great! Some of my rabbits came with names which were kept and others we named.
Brownie
Peter Peter
Flopsy
Lady Jane
Parsley
Chamomile
Blue
Snarky
Peppermint
Shadow
Willow
MacKenzie