These aren't normal testes

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ollitos

Reaction score
Ok. First of all.. are these his testicles or enlarged scent glands? Last time I had issues with what I thought was rabbit genitalia, it was actually scent glands.

If these are testicles... this can't be normal, right? His testicles appear to be greatly enlarged, elongated and have lumps or nodules on each side.

0523121217a.jpg

0523121216.jpg

I was breeding Big Bertha and Davidson and when Davidson stretched out to lay down, I saw something odd. Pulled him out of the cage to check and wow was I surprised.

Both Cuddles and Big Bertha were previously bred to Davidson and neither ever kindled. I'm wondering if he has some testicular problems.

Okay.. just hit preview and these pictures aren't worth a hoot. I'll take some more when Greg gets home and can help me hold Davidson. Normally he's very docile about being loved on but was not happy about being on his back.

I'm thinking I need to put BB in with Happy Jack. I can't afford to wait another month for a miss.<br /><br />__________ Wed May 23, 2012 12:27 pm __________<br /><br />
0523121217.jpg

not quite right. If I can get a pic of normal testes I will for you. oh right, I culled my mature bucks so I'll have to see where Lem is at.

Looks like scrotal sacks with no testicles inside. How old is he?
This is how I sex my not so mature bucks who don't have descended testicles yet, they do have sacks on either side. Usually around 16 weeks to 5 mos, mine have sacks but no testicles. I've only had one rabbit under 6 mos with descended testicles.

They actually seem normal to me...but he needs to be more "in the mood" so they will drop more..pat his bottom a bit or massage the testicles (i know weird but it helps!)..

Look at him from under the cage when he is in with a doe. You can see them perfectly then.

That was right after breeding.

I took Happy Jack out and did some comparisons (just what every male dreads!). It seems that they are pretty much the same but Davidson has a weird lump at the end of each of his sacks. Cuddles is due to kindle in 4 days so we'll see if it's another miss or not.

ollitos":2hml38az said:
That was right after breeding.

I took Happy Jack out and did some comparisons (just what every male dreads!). It seems that they are pretty much the same but Davidson has a weird lump at the end of each of his sacks. Cuddles is due to kindle in 4 days so we'll see if it's another miss or not.

The "weird lump" is part of the sperm storage area--Sort of like the shipping room in a factory-

Definition of Epididymis

Epididymis: A structure within the scrotum that is attached to the back side of the testis. The epididymis is a coiled segment of the spermatic ducts that stores spermatozoa while they mature and then transports the spermatozoa between the testis and the tube connecting the testes with the urethra (vas deferens).

You're welcome--I had to ask a vet about that, myself-- my first male rabbit-- and since, I have noticed that on some dogs it is pronounced- and that may be why some people think their intact donkeys have 'teats'!!

Frosted Rabbits":slk32jqb said:
that may be why some people think their intact donkeys have 'teats'!!

Actually, donkeys do have what look like "teats" but they are on the sheath of the penis, not the testicles.

MamaSheepdog":2gt4rjok said:
Actually, donkeys do have what look like "teats" but they are on the sheath of the penis, not the testicles.

Blush-- I never really bothered to get a close look at Milton Burros working parking parts!!! And the people on a donkey list never said which part the 'teats' were on!

Back