The count down begins!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So today I checked my Harlequin/Checkered Giant cross "B." Her parts were indeed purple so I hurried, and placed her in my Cal bucks cage who seem to take more interest in breeding than my other 2 Cal bucks. She grunted, and ran, and ran, then he chased, and chased. I gave them about 15 minutes with no action I put her back in her own cage, and though well I have more does here that are less crazy than B. So I took my other cross to the buck, and he was again interested. Mounted her 3 times, but didn't not do the jerk, grunt, and fall over routine. Come to find out she did not want to lift for him. So I put her back, and Cal doe, and put her in, again she was mounted 3 times, but no grunting, and falling over. Same thing for her. She was unwilling to lift. So I put them all away, and went back into the house for a few hours, and figured... Hey, I'll give it one more try for the day! So back to the garage I go took be back to the buck. She again played hard to get. My poor buck just could not keep up with her so I lightly placed my hand on her head, and he came running up gave her hind end a good sniff them jumped her! Seconds later he fell off with grunt! *I cheered him on in my head, I can not wait for kits anymore!* So I kept her there a little longer, and he once again mounted, and fell with with a grunt. *I was even more excited* So I let her go, and what does this brat do?!?! She turns her rear to me, squats, and pees, and I literally watched a stream of the bucks baby goo go right to the floor!!! :wr_wall: I was livid. This is my first EVER breed, and I was so excited!

So I once again placed my hand on her head, turn her rear to him, and he successfully covered her 2 more times, without her peeing it out!

:fireworks1:

So now I'm sitting here doing the biggest happy dance I've done in years! I'm not sure he fully covered the other 2 does, but I wrote them in my records JUST in case he did.

Sept 23rd bred all 3 does.

2+B (Successful)
2+9 (partial)
2+Oswin (Partial)

Palpate does 10-14 days, Oct 3rd-7th.

My husband is building the nest boxes tonight, and they will go in on the 28th day IF she is pregnant.

So can everyone please give me some tips, things I need to gather, what to expect?! :popcorn:

I am hoping for some soon too, and I saw the formula recipe going around again under the peanut vs normal topic that's up right now.
I hate to think of having to supplement and will do extra feedings with my Does when at all possible. But I decided to jot the recipe down just on case and shop locally for the ingredients. If I ever do need it I don't want to have to be looking for it. Other than that you are doing everything I do:). The waiting is hard! Also I always make sure I have cage room or plans for the kits, after they are born and get older, but also I am guessing you have already come up with that too:)

Becca, go check anatomy in mammals :lol: Peeing the sperm out is just not possible

Then I would be letting a few other breeders know on other sites, because that's the only reason I thought it was even possible in rabbits. In humans, I had already known that you could not pee out sperm, but I read a few online about it happening to people right after they bred their rabbits.

Thanks for making me look stupid Internet. :delete:

I know with horses they walk them around after breeding to keep them from peeing.
And I've read somewhere that if a doe pees after breeding that her chances of conceiving are lower.
So, on the off chance this is possible I nudge my does around the cage a little. Can't really pee if your moving. :lol: :lol: Well it might happen but not likely. :lol:

Latest posts

Back