the big bunny showdown

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iggysbabysitter

Reaction score
So Queen BB and Big Bertha are in side by side cages in the basement to kindle, and both are very busy building thier nests. Queen Bitchy Bitch has a huge pile of white hair pulled; Big Bertha is a big fan of hay and resembles Groucho Marx with her mouth full (looks like a big bushy moustach!), she even ran around the room with a load, trying to grab more from the hay bucket.
Now WHO"S going to kindle first?! I can't wait to find out. It'll be a busy night here :)

The winner is..... Queen Bitchy Bitch! So far I see 8 good sized kits burried deep in the nest of hair. There may be more, but with Queen BB it's kinda scary putting a hand in her cage.
I checked on Big Bertha, and she is still cutting and placing hay. No hair pulling yet.

Woohoo! Hoping for another nice litter out of Big Bertha!

I checked again, and there are 3 black and 5 pink. Not bad. All are fat, but seem smaller and thicker than her first litter. I heard Thyme bragging in the barn, but the 2 jr's weren't listening to the old man. He'll get to meet the kits in 2 weeks when they all move to the shed :)

Well, shame on Thyme. Ten seconds of "work" and he's trying to take the credit! Glad all is well... eight is a nice litter. How is Big Bertha doing? I take it she is holding off on the kindling, hoping to make an "entrance" by being fashionably late. :)

When a big old gal like Bertha skips breakfast, you know something is up. Maybe today she'l start pulling hair. She held on a few extra days with her fisrt litter, as flemish tend to go over the usual 30 days. Since she is a cross with something a wee bit smaller, and her mate is so much smaller, I start expecting at 30 days and go insane watching and waiting. I expected her last litter on the 21st of Dec, but she held on til Dec 28. I may not see anything thing until the 15th. Her first kits are moving into the shed this weekend when it gets a wee bit warmer, they are 6 weeks, fat enough and will have Thumper to snuggle and teach them how to be good little rabbits.

Back