The anticipation builds....

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladysown

Staff member
Reaction score
yesterday Bluebelle decided to growl at me. VERY uncharateristic for this Doe that I got from K (a friend of HFC). She's such a lovely pretty blue magpie harlequin doe.

Today I give her hay...she pounces...like literally POUNCES on it and starts to build a nest in the corner of her cage. Silly girl.

She'll be a first time mom hopefully on the 12th.

gave her a nest box and she hopped in with this very pleased look on her face.

AH>>> I do hope she does well. I don't breed my first timers until they act like they are grown up (well past any teenage angst) so she should do well. But ah...the anticipation.....

How exciting! In my experience, growliness (is that a word? :lol: )is very uncommon in the Harlequins. The NZ on the other hand . . . :evil: , bred, not bred, doesn't seem to matter.

Let me know how she does - I'll pass it on to K, he will want to know.

I will...first time I bred her to the buck I used (jesse's figaro) I don't think figgie was working, this time he knew what he was about. :) He's a dark black magpie so I"m hoping for some interesting kits. :) If it works out this time Jesse will be happy as then he can sell Figara as proven. :)<br /><br />__________ Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:56 am __________<br /><br />as to growliness....I've had one harle doe that was just nastiness incarnate when she had babies ... in want to kill anything near her that wasn't her littles. She kept them in the box a long time too. My Scarlett is a growler but not nasty at all, she also keeps her kits in the box. I'm hoping Bluebelle will be like Scarlett...growl at me, but don't attack. Friend Bounce doesn't growl at all, but my oh my...she'll sure keep an eye on you.

My son's NZR doesn't growl but she does watch carefully.

Back