Teenage chicken driving me crazy!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cosima

Reaction score
I have 22 chicken including five teenagers that I will keep because I want a healthy supply of chicken meat and therefore I am keeping my second generation chicken and the teenagers are driving me crazy!!! So right now I have two rooster teenagers (that are part of the same clutch) and three hen teenagers (one is from a different clutch and is a month older) and ether they are all peaking at each other in a way that does not make sense. For instance sometimes the hens are peaking at the roosters and some times the roosters are peaking at the hens sometimes the hens are peaking at each other and the roosters are the same. The only time they are not peaking at each other is when there is a bigger chicken peaking at them, although Isabelle (the oldest teenager) is not usually getting peaked on but I would like to know if that is just teenagers or if i should do something.

also has anyone’s hen hatched out ten chicks!!!

sounds like they are establishing a pecking order. Chickens do these things. Watch for the one that is the lowest of the pack that she (usually) doesn't get hurt. you may need to remove the roosters... as too many roosters upsets a hen house.

Latest posts

Back