Systemajuv?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonniebunny

Reaction score
Hi everybody, I'm new :) I have a rabbit medication question.
In my looking on the internet I've found alot of references to systemajuv, and it sounds like something I would like to have. However, I can't find any place to get it. Does anyone know anything about it? Is it totally unavailable, or is there somewhere where it can be purchased?

Didn't see much specific information when I looked. It seems like it just a vitamin. I saw references to echinacea and alcohol as being main ingredients. Hopefully someone else has better info.

I had never heard of Systemajuv, so I did a quick Google search. Looks like it is no longer available. It was sold by THE PET MEDICINE CHEST, which is out of business. I'm always rather skeptical of "wonder products".

As far as I can determine systemajuv is no longer sold and the bird community says they are using "Carbo Vegetabilis 30C" as a replacement. The company that made it seems to have come under many lawsuits for mislabeling and is somewhat controversial as a whole. Personally I wouldn't touch anything who's ingredients aren't fully labelled in detail. These formulas just appear to be some herbs and pro and prebiotics designed to promote the growth of useful bacteria to help fight the harmful bacteria but the ingredients fall under a group that does not require individual listing on the ingredients label making it hard to determine exactly what they do or what harm they might have as well.

Thanks for looking, folks! :) I have a sneezing issue that I'm trying to deal with--I already culled the worst ones, the "culprits" I think, but I have a few others that started that I'd really like to try to keep. I tried terramycin for ten days, but it didn't seem to make a difference. I was hopeful about the Systemajuv; I like the idea of using probiotics. I did find an "equivalent recipe" that I considered trying, but I suppose it may be more expensive to make than the cost of replacing the rabbits. And maybe it is just snake oil. I don't know. I would have to do some more research to find out about the ingredients. Has anyone out there used probiotics with their rabbits just to promote general health? I have been raising rabbits for a few years (mostly for meat), but am still relatively inexperienced :)

Probiotics can be helpful and they are not expensive at all. Maybe a recipe aimed directly toward rabbits would help but really all you need is a bottle of acidophilus or equivalent from the pharmacy section of a store, the probiotics offered at many feed stores and pet stores, or droppings from a healthy animal. Dissolve one of those in water and squirt in their mouth by syringe or dropper.

Use what you can find about human immune systems to help understand that of your rabbits--Immune respnse can be aided by proper nutrition, low stress levles, proper nutrition, exercise, clean habitat, proper nutrition---
get the idea?
nature intended for immune systems to be challenged, not overwhelmed-- so keeping the system in good working order enables the system to meet challenges without weakening.

Latest posts

Back