Super fast, cheap, easy name tags

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GBov

Reaction score
As all our rabbits are brand new to us and many of them look, well, like clones :roll: I have had the hardest time keeping them all straight in my head. And as I have been ill for way too long, I havnt had the energy to make tags like I usually do by cutting sheet tin into shape.

But today I found the best solution. Several years ago I bought a flat of little Bell Jelly Jars so today I took the flat round bits out, put a block of wood on the counter, held a nail to the top of each one and banged a hole through with a hammer.

Hey presto, instant name tag!

I did bang the back of the tag hole flat so no jagged bits of metal poking out but all twelve took about 4 min to produce. And while I didnt buy these jar lids special, a box of them doesnt cost much and can be got at the supermarket.

Some old electric wire got stripped down to its bare copper and twisted through the holes to hang the tags on the cages.

Sharpie marker name on tag, hang and done.

Entire job took less than 30 min and I wont loose track of who is who anymore. :D

Oh, and the jars have sorted my beads out at last so all are neat and tidy. Great day all round!

Right now we have three REW sisters and two almost identical harlequin sisters. The last two I can only tell apart because one loves being petted and the other runs and the first three I cant tell apart if me life depended on it. :roll:

So name tags were badly needed. :lol:

Thank you FTQ, today I am feeling much better but whateverthisisbug seems to do that, come and go. Fingers crossed its finally given up and is properly going now. So much to DO!!!

One of the REWs has given us a beautiful litter of 3 this morning. HUGE kits, dont know how she got them out, they are monsters. :shock:

i use a roll of magnetic tape with a scrap of paper and they just slap on to the feeders, Super easy to move around if I need a rabbit to change cages.

ladysown":6ioxzgt6 said:
i use a roll of magnetic tape with a scrap of paper and they just slap on to the feeders, Super easy to move around if I need a rabbit to change cages.

I just passed that along to our old 4H group. We dont have Jfeeders but they do. Thanks! :D

I use blue painter's tape on my J-Feeders. I use long strips so that I can have the animal's DOB, ear tattoo, breeding dates, and any other pertinent info handy.

The jar lids are a great idea, though! You could also get the type of can opener that "peels" the lids off of cans rather than cutting them so that your metal tags would be free!

Latest posts

Back