Striped kit? +Unknown color

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunshine9198

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I had some kits born recently and after 3+years of breeding these two are giving me head scratching.

Littermates.

Dad - aa B_ __ Dd ee (black tort)
Mom - Aa __ C(chd?) dd Ee (Opal)

Doe's mom is a Chinchilla, Dad is the same Dad bred back.

Striped Kit-
20220219_105713.jpg

Had this striping since birth and its vertical. Silver lines going down the back. Never seen this.

Second kit-
20220219_105745.jpg
20220219_105736.jpg

I see the agouti circles so it is in the agouti family. I'm thinking chocolate chin?
The only way I can describe its color is if someone took a white rabbit and rolled it in the dirt a little.

Any help would be appreciated! :)

Update: My friend thinks the pale kit is a chocolate frosty for those wondering! I also asked on a FB group for genetics and they also said chocolate ermine (non-extension chinchilla). <3 Considering the gene pairing, this is one very lucky color draw!

i don't know.. it's looking rather silvery... I'd be thinking sable chin, and the light one... it's not looking healthy. might just need a good feeding.

i don't know.. it's looking rather silvery... I'd be thinking sable chin, and the light one... it's not looking healthy. might just need a good feeding.

I made sure it got a good separate feeding for two nights and its nice and plump now. 🥰

It is the runt of the litter so the other piggies were knocking it off. It is still very silvery I agree! In some lightning it looks a beautiful silver color, in another lighting it picks up hints of an diluted honey color. I will update photos as the baby grows!

The stripes just looks like pultruding fur lines to me
Like the fur is out more

True, I've never seen weird fur like that, its growing rapidly and the lines are disappearing.

Back