Stats ... what do you record? Software Suggestions?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TF3

Reaction score
What stats do you keep on your litters?
We are raising Holland Lops, meat mutts and Standard Rex (coming soon!) ~ subject to change :lol: :mrgreen:
We have only had two litters (same dam) and so I have been weighing weekly to get some baselines, but only recording the 4 week weight on sire and dam's record charts (on paper).
I am keeping track of feed, weights, litter size, breedings, date of kindling, weaning etc.

As we get some meat production underway over the next couple of months, what else should I be tracking?

I may well have the bases covered, but I would also like to get my info on to the computer.
I have some pedigrees and some pedigrees in progress.
I'd also like to track the stats and get organized for tattoos./

Can you suggest a good software for breeding records and so on?
I love organizing data but I do not know how to use Excel :oops:
Free software is grand but you usually get what you pay for, so I am open to all suggestions.

I settled on bunnytrails software. It's expensive, but I'm happy with it.
I like the flexibility to record mixed breed breeding, you can even enter your own 'name' for the particular mixed breed.

It does everything I need it to do, it does it simply and quickly. I don't regret the purchase.

We use Evans and while it is one of the more expensive options, it has been worth every penny, IMHO! I love that you can import pedigrees from other breeders that use Evans (and now maybe one of the other programs, but not sure about that), without having to enter every rabbit individually. The "Expand Litter" function also makes it a snap to add new babies born in your barn. If their parents are already in your system, all you do is enter the number of bucks and does, add their individual ear #s and names and with one more click, the whole litter is entered with their own pedigrees!

If you show, Evans will fill and print show entry forms and remark card labels, too.

There is a task manager where you can use the tasks they have pre-set (palpate, put in nest boxes, etc.) or you can also add your own (I put in reminders to weigh at certain ages). It will calculate the day the tasks are due based on parameters specified (days from breeding or rabbit age for example) and give you pop-up reminders.

It already has tons of options, but if you happen to find something that you wish it would do but won't, contact the company and if it is feasible, they may add it! The customer service with Evans is unbeatable!!

Thanks ladies! They both look interesting!
I was just browsing through the Evans one when I checked back in here :)

I use GlobalPedigree.com and really like it. You can keep track of breeding of your mixed breed rabbits, and track adult weights. It has a calendar so you can enter a breeding and it will track when to palpate, kindle date, when to remove the nest box, and weaning date. It keeps track of number of kits born, live born, weaned, etc. Then when you click on your doe it will give you the average litter size with percent weaned.

The only things I found so far that it doesn't keep track of that I wished it did is litter weights and expenses.

I too am very happy with globalpedigree. I have used other programs, both cheap and expensive and believe that The $75 lifetime membership fee is a bargain that I would gladly pay again. Another benefit is that it's great to be able to "transfer" animals when you buy/sell and have all the pedigree/history info already there.

I use animal breeder by kintraks. You can use it for any number of animal breeds. You can enter meat mutts without an issue. The owner makes continued improvements to make their product better and better.

Latest posts

Back