Southern Colorado Show MAY 3

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homer

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
For all that are interested there will be another rabbit show Saturday, May 3rd. 2014 at the Pueblo State Fair Grounds. It is being put on by the Southern Colorado Rabbit Breeders Assn.

Breeds sanctioned so far are;
Californian, Florida White, Polish, Mini Rex, French/English Lop, Holland Lop.

Here is a link to the show catalog with entry instructions.
http://www.rmhshows.com/SCRBA_May_3_Show_Catalog.pdf

I'll be there showing. FA's won't be sanctioned, (asked show sec about it and she told me if I only have a few buns coming it's not really worth sponsoring it..) but I'm hoping to get a few legs for some of them. If they're not molting, that is!

If you're the only one you still get a best of breed right and a BOS if you play it right?

edit: Oops, posted before I meant to. I emailed Marie and told her I was bring a F/L 6-8. My cranky GT steel is looking pretty good right now. Been working with him and he's doing better.

Marie said you can only get BOB and BOV if your sanctioned, but they only count toward breeder club points anywho. <br /><br /> __________ Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:34 pm __________ <br /><br /> Oh, wait, Nevermind, I read her email wrong! You still can have BOB and BOV. Okay, yay!

oh wow, I have a lot to learn don't I. I have all kinds of show lingo to learn... At least it will be quite awhile before I do anything other than observe at shows. Are kids allowed at shows? My kids dad doesn't have weekends off.. and will be in California for training anyway that weekend. My boys are aged 8 and 5

Kids are most certainly allowed at shows. Maybe just remind them to keep fingers out of cages. Not all rabbits are so friendly, and it may spook some of the more shy rabbits if they don't trade a bite for getting poked.

I probably wont bring my doe's if i go. They don't like being handled. But when they have kits, I am going to handle the babies a lot so that if i decide to start showing they will be used to being handled.

Starting to get really excited!

The JR buck I wanted to bring is starting to blow his coat, so I think I'll leave him home. He has nice density, and a great, even coat, bit soft but he's still a JR, but the judges will probably dock him for the area around his 'guy stuff' bein nekkid. :)

I have a little blue tort doe that I'm taking, and which ever one of her broken fawn sisters that doesn't sell (I think this litter all sold in ground breaking time!) their guard hair is still WAY longer than their undercoat at this point but I'm just hoping for an evaluation, not any wins.

Champs will be going too, wish me luck!

Glad you'll make it PSF. Curious to see how those Champs do. I'll head into town Friday PM to help them get everything setup for Saturday. I'll bring my intermediate Black GT Steel French Lop to see what the judges think of him. I think he's a little long but I've been fattening him up for the past week . :)

See ya there.
wavesmile_zpscc2ac670.gif

NOOOOOO!

I just checked the breed standards and dq's list again. My little blue tort doe is unshowable because she has marbled eyes instead of blue eyes. :( DARN YOU CHINCHILLA GENE!!!! I'm still keeping her for a brood doe though.
WELL, guess it's down to three show bunnies...

PSFAngoras":2qstl0u1 said:
NOOOOOO!

I just checked the breed standards and dq's list again. My little blue tort doe is unshowable because she has marbled eyes instead of blue eyes. :( DARN YOU CHINCHILLA GENE!!!! I'm still keeping her for a brood doe though.
WELL, guess it's down to three show bunnies...
Sorry for your bad luck with the blue tort but think of it this way. Now you'll have more room in the car to take more home with you. :lol:

Are your friends from Florance coming for the show?

NO NEW BUNNIES!! I have no more room! I already have five bucks when I only need three at most.

I'll sill be taking little blue tort to see what the judges say about the rest if her anyway, and the blue really does have a chocolatey hue to it so maybe she's actually a super dark chocolate tort. Hopefully they can tell me either way.

My friend from Florence was goin to come, but this weekend it the all powerful 'blossom festival' here, where we get over run with a bunch of stupid tourists and I get to listen to the music from the carnival from tomorrow until Sunday night. She has to work at the craft show for her mom, so it will just be me and my mom at the show. Words cannot describe how happy I am to flee town and not have to deal with it for a day. Poor DH. I imagine he'll steal my car and go fishing at some far away river. :)

omg. My face is all red. you would think I would know about the blossom festival since I've lived in Colorado over 4 years now... I have a childhood friend that recently moved to Pueblo. Only reason he moved to Colorado was the marijuana legalization. If i decide to go to the show I was hoping to get together with him for lunch. When you mentioned the "blossom" festival I was thinking that if there is a marijuana festival going on then he would want to go there instead of having lunch with me.. :oops: then i decided to look up the blossom festival to see if it was even about what i was thinking it was. nope not it the slightest bit what i was thinking.. which is a relief..... I wonder if my kids will want to go to the carnival once they get bored with the rabbit show and start bugging me that they are bored.... what time does the rabbit show start?

The show starts at 8:30 basically.

No, the blossom festival has been around for hundreds Of years or something like that to celebrate the fruit tree blossoms in the area since this used to be such a big orchard/ canning town. Unfortunately, it's all prisons and weed now. :(

Can't wait until we can get all our stuff figured out and we move to Alaska.

My soon to be ex husband works at the prison . I like the mild winters and the view in Co Springs... but yeah wont miss most the other stuff. Dreading ND winters. But at least there is fertile soil and lots and lots of lakes. But man will I miss the view of Pike's Peak.

The judging at the show will begin at 8:00 AM Saturday. It's in the small animal building at the State Fair Grounds kind of the South West part of the grounds. The gates will be open so drive on in like you own the place.

Latest posts

Back