Sore on rabbits foot

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you ever figure out what this is? It looks harmless to me, but really I have no idea. It looks like those strawberry things that babies have sometimes. Update?
Strawberry things?

Theres a tiny scab on it so I'm thinking it bled out? It's not very big anymore. And she is doing fine. It doesn't seem to hurt her.

Do you have any mosquitoes? The last summer I raised rabbits at my old house, we had mosquitoes and I had several of my rabbits get odd little sores that started out looking like that. It would then develop a crusty dark scab and bleed a little. Once they recovered they seemed immune to it. I did a lot of research and came to the conclusion it's a pox like illness caused from mosquitoes. I didn't have any way to kill or keep mosquitoes out of the cages. They would even get in our house. I ended up selling all my rabbits because it was a terrible place to raise rabbits. They would get sores on their nose and paws, most commonly.

Latest posts

Back