Sometimes rabbits are hard

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We just lost a favorite doe when kindling. She was hurt inside and just wouldn't stop bleeding. This is the first time it has happened to me and I have raised rabbits for a good amount of time. At one point I had 30 holes so I do know... life and death happens. It is a part of animal husbandry.. well or wifery... or single-ry. Raising critters OK?
I really loved this girl she had a lively emphatic approach to everything. She talked to her favorite foods while eating. She would get all grumpy and plain pissed when her nails were clipped but the next time I went to pet her she would "tolerate" it. When going into the rabbitry late evening before bed we fed sunflower seeds.... the call out "SEEEEEDS! ohboyohboy Seeeds would get them all woke up but her.... she would run in circles, stomp back and forth in the front of her cage, just desperate till she got her lil bowl of seeds. She was a character...
My heart breaks a little when I clean up her cage to move someone else up to her larger space. They are all fun (AND tasty) but it is just a little too quiet in the rabbitry tonight.
Goodby Alissium, your missed

I am so sorry for your loss, she sounds like she was a very good and memorable rabbit with a great personality. My first rabbit I had was pet she is the reason I raise rabbits now. I won her a fair. She was most fawn colored but little harlequin markings so, I very mixed Japanese Harlequin. She was my best friend at the time I would bring her inside everyday and was trying to litter box train her. One day I left for a friends and I was so close to being able to keep her inside but she sadly past away for an unknown reason. I think about her and how she is the reason I raise rabbits almost every time I’m thinking about rabbits. She was a great rabbit and had a very big personality. I miss you ButterScotch, you are forever in my heart!!

We just lost a favorite doe when kindling. She was hurt inside and just wouldn't stop bleeding. This is the first time it has happened to me and I have raised rabbits for a good amount of time. At one point I had 30 holes so I do know... life and death happens. It is a part of animal husbandry.. well or wifery... or single-ry. Raising critters OK?
I really loved this girl she had a lively emphatic approach to everything. She talked to her favorite foods while eating. She would get all grumpy and plain pissed when her nails were clipped but the next time I went to pet her she would "tolerate" it. When going into the rabbitry late evening before bed we fed sunflower seeds.... the call out "SEEEEEDS! ohboyohboy Seeeds would get them all woke up but her.... she would run in circles, stomp back and forth in the front of her cage, just desperate till she got her lil bowl of seeds. She was a character...
My heart breaks a little when I clean up her cage to move someone else up to her larger space. They are all fun (AND tasty) but it is just a little too quiet in the rabbitry tonight.
Goodby Alissium, your missed

Sorry to hear!

Back