Some pictures of my rabbits.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allranger

Reaction score
I have some Champagne D'Argent's that I have been breeding. I currently have three bucks and six does as breeding stock. During the spring and summer and move the fryers around the back yard to eat down my unkept lawn.

Attached are some pictures.

The cavy pics were supposed to be at the bottom. I don't have many of them but just had my first litter on Sunday so I wanted to show them off.

Attachments

• 100_3833.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 1,816
  • 100_4102.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 1,816
  • 100_5083.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 1,816
  • 100_5039.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 1,816
  • 100_6151.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 1,816
  • 100_6152.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 1,816
  • 100_5737.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 1,816
  • 100_6157.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 1,816
  • 100_6140.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 1,816
  • 100_6145.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 1,816
  • 100_6149.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 1,816
Nice! How do you find the dress out of your Champagnes? We have the Bruns but haven't processed that breed yet because they are so rare right now. We have done some Satins and found them very meaty but it took a while to get them that way! The Bruns seem to grow a lot faster on maybe a little less food.

I love the baby cavys! Are they Satin coated?

Devon's Mom Lauren":2igwkjlq said:
Nice! How do you find the dress out of your Champagnes? We have the Bruns but haven't processed that breed yet because they are so rare right now. We have done some Satins and found them very meaty but it took a while to get them that way! The Bruns seem to grow a lot faster on maybe a little less food.

I love the baby cavys! Are they Satin coated?

The dress out weight is pretty good. Some of the line still throws some runty rabbits so I am trying to get that bred out of them. I am not sure yet on the exact dress out percentage as I have not taken the time to weigh them after they are skinned and gutted. One fryer gives us enough food for two meals with two people. Mine do okay in the heat and I have not lost any to the tempatures yet. (I have lost a palomino and a netherland dwarf though, one this year on last year). The weight gain is a lot better in the winter though.

The cavies are American Satins.

I would like to know where you got your Bruns.

The Bruns popped up in a litter of a friend of ours here in Ontario. He is a long time breeder of the Champagnes. We have our original stock from him and we have recently sold some into the States. One buck went to Washington State and a trio went to a place in PA this summer.You can check out the website http://www.devonglen.com

This is a new litter of satins born Aug 27TH
The Dam is Glory a Chocolate Otter.
Sire is ECHO a Black Otter
DSCF0971.jpg

Just 7 but it's her first litter.
Dennis, C.V.R.

Miss M":29axt7a5 said:
Just 7? Isn't 7 pretty good? :)

I suppose it is and I'm not complaining but,
most of my older more experienced Does kindle
at least eight an some have ten or more.
I had a few Does that have kindled 13.
The main thing is, they are able to raise them to weaning.
But, 7 is a GOOD THING for a first litter.
Dennis, C.V.R. :up:

Champagnes are so gorgeous! They are climbing up my list of favorite breeds, lol. Your baby cavies are adorable, I especially like the tricolor/calico ones.

Latest posts

Back