So, Meet my kids

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skyrocket

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
Hi so I thought these pics were shareworthy c:
The only kids not pictured are the Piranahas

First up is the oldest (but newest edition) Boris (4) . He's a Craigslist rescue & learning to trust strangers again.
2wrev41.jpg

This is Griselda (2). She's also a Craigslist rescue but she was rescued as a pup and is very happy.
eiphyd.jpg

This is Vol'jin (2, will be 3 this fall) I pulled him from the shelter when he was 9 weeks old.
346umti.jpg

This is my late Poseidon, who I miss dearly. He died at the age of two.
2q8ned2.jpg

This is Shelob the rose hair tarantula. She's 15, I think. (Sorry Spider haters)
za360.jpg

This is Bella the four year old Umbrella Cockatoo
34rai6h.jpg

& This is my partner's step-dad's dog Lady She's almost 2 and is a Pit Bull x Dachshund
2j1lfs9.jpg

AmysMacdog":1pu0d4ey said:
All your babies are so cute! Love your dobies!! :)
Thank you :D I see you're owned by a dobe too.

Sagebrush":1pu0d4ey said:
They are all cute! I like the look of the natural ears on dogs, you never know what you might get.

Thanks! Boris' ears are cropped, It's a good cut but his ear leather isn't appropriate for the length of the crop they gave him. They stand when he's excited though. Lady's ears are pitbull-type ears and are adorable on her. I can honestly say I prefer crop on a work dog but if they're just pets I see no real point, but it's the owner's call. Zelda and Boris have a protection job to do that they're being trained for. Zelda's crop was my choice, Boris' was not.

Will you be breeding Dobermans? I remember on another thread that you mentioned that you wanted to.

Beautiful dogs, by the way. Their coloring is very striking.

(There should be a drool emoticon...)

beautiful dobes! They are one of my favorite breeds, I have raised 4 to be guide dogs, 2 black and 2 red. I am really thinking of adding a dobe to the family in the future.

All of your animals are cute (with the exception of Shelob :roll:), but the Dobermans win hands down on the "striking animal" front.

I have never seen a dobie with a pit crop. :? It does suit her, but what made you opt for that?

I used to have Great Danes and the crop they get now is for cosmetic purposes- back when they were used to hunt boar and stag, they had a very short crop.

1897_GreatDanes-1.jpg

Just thought I'd share a pic of my dobe. I was trying to train him for search and rescue, but he didn't have a great work ethic, kept giving up after a while. We still love him though! :D

Attachments

• Gunner.jpg
    Gunner.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 604
MamaSheepdog":1wqg8pcc said:
All of your animals are cute (with the exception of Shelob :roll:), but the Dobermans win hands down on the "striking animal" front.

I have never seen a dobie with a pit crop. :? It does suit her, but what made you opt for that?

I used to have Great Danes and the crop they get now is for cosmetic purposes- back when they were used to hunt boar and stag, they had a very short crop.

It's not a "pit" crop. It's a Military/Working Dobermann Crop. Original dobers had short crops. The long crop is purely show. I prefer short to long crops. Long crops are cosmetic, like the danes. I like long crops on some dogs but the short crop is very "misunderstood" in the dobermann community and a lot of people have forgotten what these dogs were bred to do, and that's sad.

n36bzk.jpg

1zmlgg7.jpg

HoppinHalfPints":1wqg8pcc said:
Will you be breeding Dobermans? I remember on another thread that you mentioned that you wanted to.

Beautiful dogs, by the way. Their coloring is very striking.

(There should be a drool emoticon...)

Thank you!
I will be breeding dobes, my two dobes will not be involved in said breeding.
1) Boris is "Show" bred with a bubble type Chest, has fantastic lines for a show type dog though
2) Zelda carries what is known as the "Z-Factor" meaning she has Albino or Albino Carrying Dobes in her line.
3) Zelda is a cross between Euro and American dogs and is not a proper build for an ideal working dog.

JessicaR":1wqg8pcc said:
beautiful dobes! They are one of my favorite breeds, I have raised 4 to be guide dogs, 2 black and 2 red. I am really thinking of adding a dobe to the family in the future.

Thanks. They're fantastic dogs to have around :D

RR MiniSatins":1wqg8pcc said:
Just thought I'd share a pic of my dobe. I was trying to train him for search and rescue, but he didn't have a great work ethic, kept giving up after a while. We still love him though! :D

Oh gosh! He's gorgeous <3

Is Shelob named after the spider on 'Lord Of The Rings' 'Return Of The King'?

MR_ND":7rju2mwl said:
I think it's near the end of "The Two Towers", not that it really matters. :roll: And yeah, I can't think of any other possible source of inspiration. :lol:

I don't like spiders. Except jumping spiders, which are adorable.

But love the pix!

MR_ND":26ci2pie said:

She appears in The Two Towers end of the fourth book, second volume.
In the films she's in Return of the King. :D

Miss M":26ci2pie said:
MR_ND":26ci2pie said:
I think it's near the end of "The Two Towers", not that it really matters. :roll: And yeah, I can't think of any other possible source of inspiration. :lol:

I don't like spiders. Except jumping spiders, which are adorable.

But love the pix!

Lol! Thank you :) I wasn't fond of Shelob when I met her but quickly fell in love.

squidpop":26ci2pie said:
I think all your animals are super cute including the spider... because its furry! Furry make everything cute :)

Thanks c: She does have a nice layer of hairs that are like fur. It's awkward to touch at first but it's still kinda cool :p

Skyrocket":2h6qvstm said:
MR_ND":2h6qvstm said:

Sure enough... We watched the first half of "Return of the King" (director's cut) last night, and still haven't gotten to Shelob. I forgot she came so late in the movies.

Miss M":2qu6pawi said:
Skyrocket":2qu6pawi said:
MR_ND":2qu6pawi said:

Sure enough... We watched the first half of "Return of the King" (director's cut) last night, and still haven't gotten to Shelob. I forgot she came so late in the movies.

It kinda bums me out she comes in so late. :cry:

__________ Sun May 11, 2014 12:34 pm __________

So we had this ordeal where Lady (the pitbull dachshund cross) and Tigger (Chihuahua) "successfully mated" (unwantedly for us!) and to keep a long story short I was NOT happy about it as I had Lady's spay surgery scheduled! I was horrified as to what these pups would look like! They're half chihuahua, 1/4 Pitbull and 1/4 Dachshund and they're pretty cute. She had four puppies but we lost one the day they were born (she crushed the little girl because she ignored out makeshift whelping boxes and gave birth in the recliner.)

They had their little peepers open today (they were born 27 April, 2014) and I fell in love with the only female. She's a red/tan/white tri-colour and I had to take photos! They're cellphone photos so they're bad. I'll bust out the photography gear Thursday and get better ones.They don't look like they're going to be dachshund long but Lady didn't look like she would either when we got her.

the red tri-colour female
9zn8sp.jpg

the brown & white male
dh6av5.jpg

21c8pvm.jpg

the white & brown male
97uyya.jpg

Skyrocket":28vlcxy4 said:
So we had this ordeal where Lady (the pitbull dachshund cross) and Tigger (Chihuahua) "successfully mated"

Lol! Well, they turned out pretty darn cute considering the bizarre cross.

Now you need to figure out a "designer dog" name for your new breed. :p

:thinking: Pitchihund? Dachipit? Bullchihund?

Oooh! :p I HAVE it! :p

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Pitchiweenie!

:rotfl:

I slay myself... :roll:

...but I think Miss M is going to :wr_shake: me again for not-so-family friendly language. :eek:

Shelob the tarantula!!! :p :p :p I love it!!!
Sorry. I'm a total LOTR nut(as evidenced by my username :roll: ).

MamaSheepdog":34thx0fl said:
Skyrocket":34thx0fl said:
So we had this ordeal where Lady (the pitbull dachshund cross) and Tigger (Chihuahua) "successfully mated"

Lol! Well, they turned out pretty darn cute considering the bizarre cross.

Now you need to figure out a "designer dog" name for your new breed. :p

:thinking: Pitchihund? Dachipit? Bullchihund?

Oooh! :p I HAVE it! :p

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Pitchiweenie!

:rotfl:

I slay myself... :roll:

...but I think Miss M is going to :wr_shake: me again for not-so-family friendly language. :eek:

I call them Chibullhunds. :lol: but I like "Dachipit"...hmm Best not give them a "breed name" though or they'll become the next popular poorly bred disaster. Bad enough these guys happend :x

We're having pups Spayed and Neutered before we place them in homes and Mumma has a spay appointment getting made for when the pups are weaned and the vet says it's a-ok! No more oopsie puppies! Really wish I could keep that tri-colour girl though, oh man did I fall in love with her!

dayna":34thx0fl said:
Cute dogs, I do prefer the natural ears though. And your spider is adorable! I love spiders though. :)

Thank you! ~

Sagebrush":34thx0fl said:
Awweee! Snuggles those little pups for me. <3 puppies almost as much as popples.
I will forever give them snuggles! Until they go to their new homes :lol: Mumma is a protective girl though she get's a little mean if you're messing with her puppies.

Galadriel":34thx0fl said:
Shelob the tarantula!!! :p :p :p I love it!!!
Sorry. I'm a total LOTR nut(as evidenced by my username :roll: ).

Ayyoo! Look at you! :lol: love LOTR beyond words :popcorn:

Latest posts

Back