So many colors in one litter, please help me identify.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I try to get a picture of the eyes but the color doesn’t photograph right. They are definitely a blueish grey in person, but sometimes they want to look brown, it’s really trippy. She’s white all over though. I think if ermine can mean solid white and chinchillas have grey blue eyes then that may be it. So would this bunny be capable of producing more white buns? I’m thinking of keeping it as a potential breeder if it makes good weight too.

Attachments

• 90A710EB-F23C-48B8-9F64-8FFBD80F8E08.jpeg
    90A710EB-F23C-48B8-9F64-8FFBD80F8E08.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 52966C6F-6E95-44BD-AFD3-BC739AD80A63.jpeg
    52966C6F-6E95-44BD-AFD3-BC739AD80A63.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
I try to get a picture of the eyes but the color doesn’t photograph right. They are definitely a blueish grey in person, but sometimes they want to look brown, it’s really trippy. She’s white all over though. I think if ermine can mean solid white and chinchillas have grey blue eyes then that may be it. So would this bunny be capable of producing more white buns? I’m thinking of keeping it as a potential breeder if it makes good weight too.
She's very pretty!

Yes, I'd call that an ermine. That eye color does not look like blue-eyed white to me.

What she will produce will depend on what color buck she is bred to. To produce more ermines, you'd need a buck that was ermine (then, I believe, you will get all ermines), or a buck that carried chinchilla and non-extension, in which case you'd probably get some ermines, but not all. You could also get chinchillas, reds, maybe torts, and who knows what else.

Back