So I got this poor boy back

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maleficent

Reaction score
I had reluctantly rehomed this poor boy with someone else as I didn't need any more bucks at the time he was born and I had decided to keep his Vienna marked sister. This isn't a rant so I didn't post in in hopping mad. But if a mod feels it should be there instead feel free to move it.

The people I originally gave him to just dumped him at my work saying they didn't want him anymore. As I was almost off work I didn't remove him from the box they had dropped him off in and I wish I had! I don't have a picture from that time but this gorgeous fat healthy baby I had rehomed was returned to me in deplorable condition! He was so lethargic and skinny... he felt like a bag of skin draped over bones. :cry:

He was so dehydrated that he weakly drank from the bottle I supplied him. I had kept him inside so I could monitor his intake and output. He must have been half starved as he did poop shortly after I got him but he ate all the hay I gave him plus every new handful I gave him. He is just now putting weight on that I can feel and see. He still has a long road of recovery though as he could use more weight for his age.

I wish I had pics from the day I got him back, he was horribly matted and as described very very skinny. Those people are now on my black list. They have since contacted me since I took him back wanting another baby bunny. I'll try to get some pics of him now that he has put weight back on. I'm just happy he is feisty again and is reluctant for his health checks. When I got him back he was really weak and didn't fight me.

orca-image-1519083024362.jpg_1519083024763.jpg

Wow, some people have a lot of nerve. :evil: :evil:

Blacklist for sure. But rather than engage in argument with them, I would just conveniently have nothing suitable for sale whenever they ask.

Glad your bun is recovering his health and enjoying life again.

I've since blocked them on my Facebook messenger and have ignored any emails they have sent my way. They even had my phone number and texted me at one point demanding to know why I was ignoring them. I just conveniently ignored them.

I'm so happy he has some energy back, he was such a sweet baby and very social. I'm actually happy I have him back as I could use him in my breeding program now. He is going to replace his older brother as he was better looking when he was younger. I just want one living Rex furred kit from his brother! Then I can dispatch his brother and replace him with this sweety.

Do we have a listed black list for unfit bunny owners? If not can we start one as I know that when I was breeding sugar gliders and hedgies and we had an unfit one we put them on a list because without fail they would reach out to someone else and then treat the new baby horrible to.

Latest posts

Back