Sneezing bunny

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 9070

Reaction score
Hi, I just joined. I’m in Idaho. I just started raising meat rabbits again. It’s been years as I had to give them up to care for my parents.
I just bought two NZ rabbits a week ago. They are litter mates and 11 weeks old. One started sneezing a couple days ago. It’s very frequent today. I know better from the past than to try treatment. I am wondering about the other litter mate. She’s been exposed. I don’t want my three original rabbits to get sick as they’re healthy. I’d really appreciate some advice. Thank you

do you have them well isolated from the rest of your herd?
If not, it's probably too late already.

In which case I would give both a thorough going over. Look for messy front legs, any sign of snot in the nose, any reason for the sneezing like dusty food, mold or wet conditions in the cage, etc.

If you can't find a reason... my policy is sneeze, I quarantine you until you stop sneezing, blow snot (for whatever reason I don't care) you die.

Thank you. They were both in quarantine already. I just wasn’t sure what the next step should be. How long should quarantine last for new rabbits?

Thank you. They were both in quarantine already. I just wasn’t sure what the next step should be. How long should quarantine last for new rabbits?
Given that they are sneezing. I wouldn't let them leave quarantine until they stop sneezing either on their own or through a more definitive action.

Back