Small buck large doe Holland Lops

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CheleBelle75

Reaction score
I have a 3.5 pound buck. I have large doe she's 5 pounds. When I put them together she lifted and they mated but he didn't fall off he kinda fell on her back. Do you think he was successful? I think he couldn't fall off cause she is so much bigger than him. After about 4 times of this she started running from him and grunting. He is young but he is proven.

I have a 3.5 pound buck. I have large doe she's 5 pounds. When I put them together she lifted and they mated but he didn't fall off he kinda fell on her back. Do you think he was successful? I think he couldn't fall off cause she is so much bigger than him. After about 4 times of this she started running from him and grunting. He is young but he is proven.
Sounds like success to me. I've had a tiny 1lb 14oz Polish buck breed relatively huge 5lb (false dwarf) Polish doe. A "fall-off" doesn't necessarily mean they fall off - this guy ended up like yours, kind of straddling her back. I wondered if he felt dizzy from the height, as she was really lifted! 🤣

My momma loves the hollands and she was excited the day I took Callie to visit Conway. I came back in an she asked me if it was a success I told her i didn't know. She kinda looked at me strange. I said he didn't fall off he kinda just fell on her back. I said I think she has so much junk in the trunk that he couldn't fall off.. lol.. 🤣🤣

sounds like a success to me.
The FUNNIEST breeding I did was a 2 lb lionhead buck with a 12 lb meat doe. :) OH MY.... They were successful and I discovered that large breed rabbits with a full mane around their head (by no means proper looking lionheads) are gorgeous. :)

The FUNNIEST breeding I did was a 2 lb lionhead buck with a 12 lb meat doe. :) OH MY.... They were successful and I discovered that large breed rabbits with a full mane around their head (by no means proper looking lionheads) are gorgeous. :)
Oh wow.. that would have been comical. Poor Lil fella. Glad she didn't squash him.. lol

A few years back I had a foster rabbit that was a Lionhead Flemish mix and he was very pretty

Back