Slightly Freaking Out

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RabbitsOfTheCreek

Netherland Dwarf Breeder & Well-known Member
Reaction score
So a few days ago we got a foster rabbit named Rose. She used to be owned by my Mom's work friend, but the kids stopped playing with her and we're going to put her on the raffle at the next rabbit show at the end of February.IMG_20220130_001430699.jpg
There's just one... Slight thing I came across.
She was following trubbish (my cat) and trying to mount her, but I thought that was normal because does do that sometime. I looked anyway though and it turns out that Rose is actually a Buck ._.

Dad's at work and Mom's sleeping so there's not really many people to tell.
They had buck parts and everything, with no teets. Will provide image later

Could he\she be both a doe and a buck?
Haha, no

The person we got her from told us they were a doe, and we didn't really have a reason to check. It's just a big shock that they're a buck

Last edited:
So a few days ago we got a foster rabbit named Rose. She used to be owned by my Mom's work friend, but the kids stopped playing with her and we're going to put her on the raffle at the next rabbit show at the end of February.View attachment 28833
There's just one... Slight thing I came across.
She was following trubbish (my cat) and trying to mount her, but I thought that was normal because does do that sometime. I looked anyway though and it turns out that Rose is actually a Buck ._.

Dad's at work and Mom's sleeping so there's not really many people to tell.
They had buck parts and everything, with no teets. Will provide image later
Is this a problem? I'd just change Rose's name to Ross and carry on. I would think the cat will either avoid Ross by jumping up on furniture or else give him a good swipe with some claws to teach him some manners.

no need to freak out. They probably bought "Ross" as a baby and were told was female and never had a reason to doubt that. New environment = new behaviours for bunnies = revelation he's a buck.

Latest posts

Back