Skinny Mama Bunny

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beanchild79

Reaction score
so my french angora doe is feeding six 7-day-old kits and i recently felt her back and she's pretty skinny. i can feel her spine and a lot of her other bones really well. i free feed her pellets and she has an unlimited amount of hay as well as i give her oats and BOSS. i will give her veggie/fruit treats everyday too. is there anything else i could give her to help her? i don't know what to do to help.

It is normal to feel a rabbits spine and bones. It means they are perfectly healthy and not over weight.

yes, i do know that :) she's just more skinny than normal... and she has babies nursing so her body is really not in top condition-
i just want to make sure she's ok

How's she doing now?
she's still skinny but i'm keeping her going. i've been giving her some homemade treats and i think that's been helping some :3
i would take a fecal sample to the vet to see about internal parasites.
i mean i would...but i don't think it's really that serious. i just want to make sure that she's keeping herself healthy and everything but thank you for the suggestion :)

you asked for ideas, I gave you one. What you do with it is up to you. :)

Some does do put everything they have into raising their kits and all you can do is support them. BUT if she is as skinny as you say she is, I'd have to wonder if something more is going on with her.

so my french angora doe is feeding six 7-day-old kits and i recently felt her back and she's pretty skinny. i can feel her spine and a lot of her other bones really well. i free feed her pellets and she has an unlimited amount of hay as well as i give her oats and BOSS. i will give her veggie/fruit treats everyday too. is there anything else i could give her to help her? i don't know what to do to help.
Six kits is a lot for mom to feed even though they only feed twice a day, but give her a little longer and she will pick up..

You can just give her a pea size drop of ivermectin 1.87 % horse worming paste in her mouth if you think she has worms or fur/ear mites works the best and fastest for parasite problems

you asked for ideas, I gave you one. What you do with it is up to you. :)

Some does do put everything they have into raising their kits and all you can do is support them. BUT if she is as skinny as you say she is, I'd have to wonder if something more is going on with her.
and i thank you deeply for your idea :) i just thought that there might be another kind of treat or smth (eg BOSS, or oats, which i am giving both of but just something like that) that i could give her. i have been feeling her every day and she seems to be getting fatter now that her kits are starting to nibble on other things.
Six kits is a lot for mom to feed even though they only feed twice a day, but give her a little longer and she will pick up..
thank you :3
You can just give her a pea size drop of ivermectin 1.87 % horse worming paste in her mouth if you think she has worms or fur/ear mites works the best and fastest for parasite problems
ohh that's a good idea too, thank you

Latest posts

Back