Silver Marten Pictures

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silver Star Rabbitry

Reaction score
Well, here they are! :D A few members of my Silver Marten herd. Storm is a buck, but the rest are does. Critiques are welcome.

Silver Star's Storm

Rabbitsandother065.jpg

Silver Star's Tornado

Rabbitsandother004.jpg

Silver Star's Black Pearl

Rabbitsandother007.jpg

Silver Star's Sparkle

Rabbitsandother068.jpg

Silver Star's Savanna

Savanna024.jpg

Tex Thomas's Alice

Rabbitsandother092.jpg

Rabbitsandother097.jpg

Shimmer's kits - Simmer kindle 11 healthy kits and was a great mother to all of them, but sadly they crawled out of the nest box in freezing temperatures and she lost all but these 3.

Rabbitsandother038.jpg

Rabbitsandother043.jpg

Rabbitsandother058.jpg

Rabbitsandother060.jpg

is that one kit all black with no silvering? is that a normal thing?

oh sorry...it was lovely looking at them all...just that one question struck me at the end.

OOHHH and if you get an all black kit that has excellent type... do you keep it or is that a bad thing to do?

Thanks everyone!
Alice is my Best in Show buck's dam. She is going to her first show this weekend and would you believe that she is at LEAST 4 years old. She just keeps getting better!

Emily<br /><br />__________ Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:09 am __________<br /><br />She's going on 5, I believe and still reproducing. She only has 5, or 6 kits, but always keeps her type and fur while she has them.

grow the ones you like out, silvering, at least with rabbits that you don't want it in, tends to develop with each molt, so a lite coat at birth, may be a medium at 6mo

Jack":3mprcqo0 said:
grow the ones you like out, silvering, at least with rabbits that you don't want it in, tends to develop with each molt, so a lite coat at birth, may be a medium at 6mo

Jack, I don't believe the silvering in the martinized pattern is the same as other breeds. A sport will not develop silvering later on like in rabbits that have the si gene coming into play.

Silver marten is a nice and beautiful animal. I really love it. Silver marten rabbit is a very hardy medium-sized rabbit, everything will be 61 / 2 to 8 1 / 2 kg, with a beautiful soft hair. Varieties, blue, chocolate or black, silver hair and sharp needle eyes, mouth, chin and body under the silver markings.

Latest posts

Back