Siamese Satins

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beekeeper10

Reaction score
I saw a pair of Siamese Satins at a show yesterday and I was wondering if you bred them together would you get all Siamese or would it just depend on what the pedigree was? They were siblings and they were beautiful :) I don't think they were for sale but :roll: I have not really looked at Satins before.
Thanks, Tommy

My siamese satin has siamese satin parents and grandparents for a few generations. I would think not sure though that it would depend on the background. There might be some other colors in the genetics of a satin.

If I wanted to try to raise some Siamese Satins. What colors would I need? I am pretty sure one would have to be black but what would I need for the other? White or possibly Cali Satin?

I don't know how to breed for them, but they sure are one pretty rabbit. I am hoping my husband will fall for them when he sees some in person. Good luck if you decide to breed them. :)

I have raised Siamese Satins for three years now. I am currently selling the whole herd just because its to expensive to feed three breeds and they eat the most. If you breed Siamese to Siamese you should get Siamese. My doe has a couple blacks way at the back of her pedigree but the rest of my stock is all Siamese all the way back and in three years I have never gotten anything from them but Siamese.

Sable is a partially dominant gene. If you breed 2 sables together you get 50% sable, 25% seal looks almost black, and 25% of whatever was used with the sable to keep from making seal. Usually this is himi. In breeds with really dark "sables" that always breed true and no himi lines they are actually all seals genetically.

Smith's Rabbits":1w6aquef said:
I am currently selling the whole herd

I sure wish I were closer and in a position to buy right now. I want siamese satins something fierce....

Back