Show last Saterday

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jasharia

Reaction score
I went to the show last saterday is was a convention and we did have a fun time. I went to look at that angora the opal one. I felt her and she also seemed too long in the shoulder just like my buck. I felt the breeders 6 legged doe and she was nice and short so we are going to try breeding him to her she is a fawn. If it takes I get pick of the litter. I did how ever get bad news about my wooly babies. The 2 baby buck both have missmatch toe nails. The doe is fine abut the really nice buck that is like awsome in body type has 4 white toe nails. SO I sold them as I can not breed that out as I do not have the cage space. I sold one to a very nice breeder that I will be working with. I found out my last buck is who carrys it. So I am trying him one more time with another doe if it happens again then I will be selling him also. Then I would need to pick up a nice kick butt buck.

The english lops are doing awsome once they put on the weight I am going to breed the doe to a sold blue. She is a broken cream. I have them on Manna pro diet with boss and oats. They also get about 1/2 a teaspoon of calf mana 3 times a week. I got the sable point doe also at the show and she is so verry cute. I just love her. My daughter wants to name her Hope I would like to name her something from like greek mithology or somthing like that. Like virgo or somthing.

My daughter also got with the same breeder that took my buck about her himmi. Her buck we are not useing for anything but showmanship as his colors are not very will developed. He is baring real bad and she told us not to use him. The doe on the other hand comes with some awsome history. In her lines is the lilac that was used to get the color reconized. She told me that her lines are outstanding. We are bringing her over to get bred by an awsome black buck and we are going to but a few from her lines.

So all in all I think we learned alot and now my daughter has a mentor and another child helping her out with her himmis. That makes me happy.

ps don't mind all the spelling mistakes I can not spell to save my life.

I know it sucked I realy hope that I don't have to sell the buck he has an awsome head and nice wool to boot. Only bad thing that stops him at the show is stray white hairs everywere.

Only bad thing that stops him at the show is stray white hairs everywhere.

Then you do not want to use this rabbit in any Show breeding plan.
He will be alright for strictly meat production.
As always, JMPO.
Ottersatin. :eek:ldtimer:

You can't eat Jersey woollys they are so tiny lol Most black tend to get the stray white hairs when they get older. However I am going to try him one more time with one doe if he produces the white toenails he is getting culled as a pet only. Nice rabbit though.

Back