should i move these kits

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jessicarabbit

Reaction score
Hi there, I'm hopeing somone could give me some advice. I have a lil colony of meat rabbits...3 does 1 buck. They have all been kindling underground in their own borrows..until today. One doe, which seems to be at the bottom of the pecking order, decided to have her kits in a enclosed box inside of there rabbit house. It's suppose to get down to 27 degrees F tonight. There house isn't insulated its basically three 4*8 sheets of plywood put together in a triangle. It's shingles and closed in except three small holes for entry and a ventilation holes at the top. I have straw in there but not a lot so I piled leaves ontop. But now I'm wondering if I should bring the kits in. Or mom and kits? What do yall think I should do? I really need them to survive cuz my colony has suffered due to our housecat getting out.

Rabbits only feed their young once or twice a day so you can bring the kits in and take them out to be fed in the morning and evening. Make sure your cat can't get at them and don't try and warm them up, just regular house temp. or lower so they are still use to the cold and won't get shocked when they are taken out to be fed.

Back