Should I breed her or not?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silver Willow

Reaction score
I dunno if this is the right place to post... but I thought I'd do it anyway :)
Our new-ish Netherland Dwarf doe, Bubblegum just turned 5 months old last week, and I was wanting to breed her reasonably soon. The only real problem though, is that she is only about the same size as our buck. She hasn't really grown that much since we first bought her at 3 months old, but has the right body type to be a brood doe. I just don't know if it's safe to breed her?
Any advise welcome :)
Thanks!

I was debating that with a doe I had and it turned out she told me when she was ready. She got all moody when she came in to breeding condition. I think she was 5 1/2 months. Bred pretty easily. The only problem was that she kept cramming in corners and the buck was having trouble getting in behind her so I had to poke her forward a few times. Since not all does have behavior changes when ready to breed I would keep checking the color of her genitals to judge how ready she is and weigh her maybe weekly to keep track of her growth. If she's coming in to breeding condition and she's not putting on much if any more weight and size I would breed her.

Latest posts

Back