several recipes and recipe ideas

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohiogoatgirl

Reaction score
postin some recipes I have found that look good and could be altered for rabbit. I admit, a few of the more vague recipes are older ones I cant remember the whole thing and several that I thought up myself and haven't tested yet. :roll: I will add: (idea) to the title of the untested recipes.

** pork chops recipe
1/3 cup orange juice
2Tbl sp soy sauce
1 Tbl sp rice vinegar
1 Tbl sp brown sugar
1/2 t sp ground ginger
1/2 t sp onion powder
1/2 t sp garlic powder
4 4oz boneless pork chops
2 t sp cornstarch
4 fresh pineapple rings sliced thick

in small bowl prep marinade: whisk the orange juice, soy sauce, rice vinegar, br sugar, gr ginger, onion powder, garlic powder

place chops in resealable bag and cover with marinade. reseal bag and let set for 2hrs or overnight. if possible turning the chops over every hour or so during marinate.

transfer pork chops to shallow dish. pour marinate into small sauce pan.

in separate small bowl dissolve corn starch into 2 t sp of cold water to make a slurry, set aside

in the saucepan bring marinate to a boil. reduce heat to low and add the slurry. whisk together for 2 minutes until sauce thickens. remove from heat. set aside.

preheat grill or grill pan to med-high heat. cook chops on grill. brush often with marinate from the saucepan during grilling.

grill pineapple slices and place on chops. serve with remaining marinate sauce.

*** summer veggie tian
(this one isn't meat but I read it and thought it could totally be changed to whatever ya like and topped with rabbit pieces!)
1 Tbl sp olive oil
1 med yellow onion
1 t sp minced garlic
1 med zucchini
1 med yellow squash
1 med potato
1 medium tomato
1 tsp dried thyme
salt & pepper to taste
1 cup shredded cheese

preheat oven to 400*F. finely dice the onion and mince the garlic. sauté both in skillet with olive oil until softened, about 5 min.

while those are sautéing thinly slice the rest of the veggies.

butter or spray inside of a 8x8 square or round baking dish. place the sliced veggies in the dish vertically in an alternating pattern. (the slices stand up like wheels, not lay flat). sprinkle generously with salt & pepper and thyme.

cover the dish and bake for 30 min. uncover, top with cheese, and bake for another 15-20 min or until cheese is golden brown.

*** stuffed onions
peel onion
cut in half from top to bottom
take each layer from each half, stuff with your choice of ground meat
place in baking dish or wrap in foil (good for camp fires!) and cook until done through

*** stuffed peppers (idea)
take bell peppers, wash, cut out tops and guts, set aside pepper 'bowls'
cook white rice (amount depends on amount you need to stuff), set aside
take your deboned rabbit pieces, lightly brown pieces in pan with olive oil, roughly chop the pieces, set aside
dice your veggies. onion, mushroom, some hot peppers, whatever ya like
in the pan you browned the rabbit in, add a little more oil and sauté veggies, set aside
in a mixing bowl toss all ingredients excepting the pepper 'bowls'
in a baking dish line with your pepper 'bowls'
fill your peppers with the tossed ingredients
bake at 350*F for about 40 min. when nearly done sprinkle them with shredded cheese and finish baking.

*** simple veggie bake
chop up: peppers, potatoes, zucchini, red onion, rabbit sausage
toss it all with some olive oil
line baking dish with foil, fill with the chopped and tossed ingredients, pull up and close foil into a pouch shape
bake at 400*F for about 40 min

*** salsa rabbit bake (idea)
salsa: all in a blender add- 1 can 28oz whole tomatoes with juice, 2 cans 10oz rotel diced tomatoes with green chilies, 1/4 cup chopped onion, 1 clove minced garlic, 1/2 t sp sugar, 1/4 t sp salt, 1/4 t sp ground cumin, 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, 1/2 lime juiced.
for more spice add 1 jalapeno, split in half lengthwise then thinly sliced. for even more leave in the seed and membrane!
pulse the blender until it is a good consistency to your liking. ((note this is supposed to make a big batch so might need to do batches in your blender))
take your rabbit pieces in a resealable bag or bowl with a tight lid and enough salsa to cover. let marinate overnight or if over the day try to flip the pieces or bag etc to evenly marinate.
cook in baking dish, covered at 350*F until done.
I think this and shredded would make wonderful tacos or rabbit nachos!

Back