sever weather

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jasharia

Reaction score
We are having very bad rain and tornadow warnings should I bring in the baby bunnies. I have 4 that are 4 weeks and 4 that are a week and the 2 that are 1 day old. I do not want them to get chilled is it safe to bring them in for the day? Should I bring in mom too?<br /><br />__________ Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:35 am __________<br /><br />I took in the 4 that were getting wet and I am keeping an eye out for the others.

Yes, especially if you cannot keep them dry and out of the wind without bringing them in. :)

I'm with Maggie... your house is probably much stronger than your rabbitry, and even just with the tornado warning but no actual tornado, the wind gusts may be enough to damage your rabbitry. I'd move as many as I could into more sturdy shelter. You may be able to do only the little ones, but you do what you can do. :)

It won't be a big temperature change, so I wouldn't worry about that.

I think the worse is over we still have rain but the high wids are over. This is not normal waether for us rain only last a few Hrs and it is over this has been raining for 3 days on and off very crazy weather.

I remember living in Cocoa, and rain for 8 days straight!!! NO breaks!!! You may be in Florida- BUT-- it is NOT the idyllic place people picture it!

I lived here for 18 years now that is not normal. Now we have raid showers and tons of lighting that can be dangerous but it only last a few hrs at the most. I am right on the water the storms move in fast and leave fast that is why I like it here. Other than that is is way too hot here and the smell of ocean gets sicking. Where I live in the 18 years we have not had a cat 3 or higher hurricane. Only 3 hurricanes that where a cat 2 or lower and only like 4 TS. We also had like 3 tornadoes in that time also. Weather in Tampa bay is mostly sunny and humid with scatered T-storms all the time. It is not fun trust me.

Latest posts

Back