Selling my 6-class buns, looking for 4-class. Tips?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewZealands4Lyfe

Reaction score
It's been a while :) How is everyone? So, I, unfortunately, have to sell my NZs. But I don't want to leave the rabbit world. While I am not looking for breeding rabbits, I would appreciate some breed suggestions.

I was thinking a dwarf, satin, mini rex, angora or something else along those lines. I have covered outdoor hutches for summer and indoor ones for winter. I need a sociable bunny that wouldn't mind car rides or flights because my family travels often and a small bunny would (I think) be easier to bring.

This isn't a wanted ad, I'm just asking for some wisdom from experienced 4-class owners.

Thanks so so so much!!!!

Satins are also a 6 class breed; and angoras are 4 class but they are still large commercial breeds.
If you are looking for a 4 class rabbit that travels well and is harder to stress I would suggest a Himalayan. They're known for their laid back temperament

That's a new term I've never heard before, what's a '6 class' and a '4 class' rabbit? Size of rabbit?

Guess I could Google it, but where the fun in that? More fun to ask you folks.

6-class and 4-class is the class the breed is shown in, I use it to describe sizes. New Zealand's are a 6-class, Senior doe and buck, intermediate doe and buck and junior doe and buck. Mini rexes are 4-class, senior doe and buck and junior doe and buck.

something small that travels well
Holland lops, mini rex, some mini lops, Jersey woolie, netherland dwarf (depends on the lines), fuzzy lops, dutch, dwarf hotot, mini satin (depends on the lines), polish,

something small that travels well
Holland lops, mini rex, some mini lops, Jersey woolie, netherland dwarf (depends on the lines), fuzzy lops, dutch, dwarf hotot, mini satin (depends on the lines), polish,
I was looking at Netherlands and mini rexes lol good to know they travel well to, thanks!!!!

Back