Saved a fader, now what?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunshine9198

Reaction score
Question for those who have had experience with saving faders, what comes next?

Storytime: I weaned my litter at 7 weeks and noticed one little boy was off (out of 6 other healthy siblings) and he started to fade. I gave him critical care, immediate response bolus (vitamins/minerals/B supplement), my fat feed which consists of manna pro-oats-sunflower seeds. Some days he looked to be at death's door and was extremely ill, I didn't think he was going to make it. He made it, he's now gaining weight and is happy but he's incredibly small as an almost 10 week old. He looks more like a 4-5 week old in terms of size.

My question is for those who have had experience saving faders, do you keep them for life? Do you try to re-home them and vet the person hard? Could they have health issues once you get them on the up and up? A lot of sites and advice always say let nature take its course and or to cull them, but since he survived, I'd like to know what to do next.

I would like to hear from those who have saved them.

Attachments

• Buck3.jpg
    Buck3.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 5
what I have done is raise them up to 4 months. If they make it that long, they will probably continue to do so. Then I sell to a pet home with NO health guarantee, give full disclosure, and send them on their way. I do lay out what I have done with them feed wise and STRONGLY recommend that the new home do the same.

Everyone that I have sold has continue to thrive up to two years, after that I rarely hear back.

what I have done is raise them up to 4 months. If they make it that long, they will probably continue to do so. Then I sell to a pet home with NO health guarantee, give full disclosure, and send them on their way. I do lay out what I have done with them feed wise and STRONGLY recommend that the new home do the same.

Everyone that I have sold has continue to thrive up to two years, after that I rarely hear back.

Thank you! I will keep him until 4 months and re-evaluate. I figured sending specific instructions to a new home will be definitely a high priority.

Back