Satin Angora Adorableness!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oceanrose

Reaction score
DSC_1113.JPG

REW buck 4.5 weeks. This guy isn't as cute as his brother but holy cow what a body! I am keeping one.. Not sure which one...

DSC_1116.JPG

Brother to the one above. Boy about has a better rear - this guy is a little typier. I like one, one day, and the other the next.. Sigh.

DSC_1123.JPG

Sister to the 2 REWs. She IS staying. I love this girl. And I don't care for blacks ;).

DSC_1125.JPG

Chocolate buck. I am selling him, as I have 2 other chocolate boys. But he is so pretty :). Separate litter from the 3 above.

DSC_1130.JPG

Chocolate Tort doe, sister to the above buck. Staying here :).

DSC_1135.JPG

3.5 week old does. Probably will sell all, though I think the black is as good as the one above.. Again, I'm not a big fan of blacks.

They are beautiful rabbits. The black doe you are keeping has a sweet look to her eye. I like her. Do you have to brush them a lot?.

Boy it's a good thing I drink my coffee black, or I'd be in a diabetic coma right about now!

I'd gladly take that choco buck off of your hands! :p

I agree that the black doe has a very sweet expression. :)

I love the chocolate tort doe's color, too. These color names are so confusing to me though- she looks orange to me! :lol:

They are all so adorable, it must be very hard to decide on your keepers.

No you don't have to brush them much - as adults :). Junior coats are harder, though if they have a good texture to the coat it still doesn't mat too badly. I blow mine out using a 4HP blow dryer, and try to do everyone once a week, but the Satin Angoras can go longer. English Angoras on the other hand, to get them into show coat, takes major dedication.

I have 24 babies here right now, and it is hard to decide, though I try not to second guess myself and go after a consistent look, and a sound body type. These are a meat breed in part, so they should feel like a meat rabbit in body, and have a lot of substance under the fluff.

__________ Tue May 07, 2013 8:54 am __________

Miss M":1bc7n7e3 said:
ILoveBunnies calls dibs on the baby on the left! :lol:

I know, she's SO CUTE! I have someone who wants her, though I keep telling her that I think the black will do her more good genetics wise. But they're all nice girls :).

__________ Tue May 07, 2013 8:55 am __________

faiththequeen":1bc7n7e3 said:
Beautiful rabbits!!!! I LOVE the chocolate :)

I do too.. I keep telling myself since I have his sire, and another unrelated chocolate buck I don't need this guy. But he's mellow and built beautifully! And such a cool color!

__________ Tue May 07, 2013 8:59 am __________

MamaSheepdog":1bc7n7e3 said:
I love the chocolate tort doe's color, too. These color names are so confusing to me though- she looks orange to me! :lol:

They are all so adorable, it must be very hard to decide on your keepers.

I know colors are so confusing in Angoras. You have to pay attention to them as babies. This one we thought might be a Red, but tort color came through on her belly finally. I DO have a fawn in these litters which is an orange more or less. He looks like a Dreamsicle!<br /><br />__________ Tue May 07, 2013 8:59 am __________<br /><br />
skysthelimit":1bc7n7e3 said:
Oooo Lala :)

You have French, now you need Satins ;)

What beautiful buns! Congrats. I know I would have a hard time letting ANY of them go.

Back