Sad day at the Bugzy Ranch

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bugzy4Lady

Reaction score
:(
I have made the difficult decision that I need to put one of my does down today. Lady was one of the original does I bought when I took up raising Rabbits. Every since she lost her last litter in January she has not been well. First she had a UTI and now something is causing her to lose muscle structure in her back legs to the point where she just falls over. She has become thin even though she is eating and drinking fine. I really hate to do this but I feel I can not let her continue like this. Thankfully I still have a few does from her last litter so I will not sell one of them and keep it since they are just as sweet as Lady is.

Sorry Bugzy. :( If you put her down yesterday as planned, I hope it wasn't too traumatic for either of you. It is best not to let them linger too long, but it is always hard to come to the decision to end their lives. (((Hugs)))

That is so sad!

Glad though that you have her daughters to carry on her legacy and good nature.

Thanks everyone! It was a really sad day yesterday I just wish I could have known what was wrong with her but with living in a rural area rabbit "docs" are few and far between. At least she is not suffering anymore. Plus her last bunch of kits are always happy to see me just like she was!

Latest posts

Back