Roast Rissoto-Stuffed Rabbit Wrapped in Bacon

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eco2pia

Staff member
Reaction score
I am making this for dinner, made up of what I had on hand, I'll let you know how it turns out.<<it was yummy>> Wish me luck! I am not much of a recipe writer, so pardon the imprecise measurements.

Roast Rissoto-Stuffed Rabbit Wrapped in Bacon

Ingredients:

about 1 tablespoon bacon grease or oil
1/2 a large yellow onion
1 stalk of celery
2-3 cloves garlic minced
2 cups (about) of cooked short grain brown rice
1/4 cup (about) parmesean cheese
1 teaspoon thyme
1/4 teaspoon pepper
3 chicken boullion cubes dissolved in:
1/2 cup (about) water
1 rabbit brined for about 6 hours
4 strips of raw bacon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Brown the onion in the bacon grease/oil. Add celery and garlic for a few minutes. Dissolve the boullion cubes in the water (zap in the microwave). Stir together all ingredients except the rabbit and the bacon. In a baking pan stuff the rabbit with the rice mixture, cut the bacon strips in half and lay across the top of the rabbit.

Bake at 350 for about an hour, until meat thermometer in thigh registers...what 160? lol, until it is done!

It was delicious, and the next day I used the leftovers for rabbit pot pie, and then tonight I am using the very last for rabbit enchiladas...though I stretched it with beans and rice, because it wasn't quite enough. :) Still, not bad for one rabbit, 3 dinners!

Oooh...you put the recipe up! It sounds even better then it did over at HN! I think I have to try this...have to buy some rabbit meat since I have no fryers and couldn't butcher them here if I did...But yum!!!<br /><br />__________ Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:31 am __________<br /><br />Hehehe I finally can try this yay! Got to get some things like celery and parmesan mmmmmmhhmmm how did you brine yours dear? Do you have rabbits still?

Latest posts

Back