Rex Doe unwilling to lift tail!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Friendlee

Reaction score
I just purchased a couple Rex does from a guy! Says they are 6 months ready to breed! I have experienced bucks but these girls won’t lift their tails worth a flip! They seem big enough for sure to breed but when I checked them they are very dry and light pink unlike my other does! He did buy them for show but their fur wasn’t the right texture for him he said! Hoping I didn’t purchase bad does 😫 Any suggestions on how to get them to want to mate or lift? Anything to put in water/feed?

Are they fat? thin? how many days have you tried to breed them?
They do not appear to be fat to me! Seem good size. I have tried for 2 days now! May not be long enough? Just maybe impatient on my part 😫 my other girls seemed to have been more interested and Atleast chased each other around?

I would probably just keep taking them back once a day until they lift. Unless someone is getting agressive. Young does in a new environment might just need to settle.

Breaking up their "routine" can help. I have heard these work:
- car rides
- moving both doe and buck to a different environment (cage)
- attempting breeding at different times of the day (if you normally try in the morning - try in the evening, towards dark)
- feed black oil sunflower seeds
- continue trying every day
- Apple Cider Vinegar in their water
- longer hours of light - heard 14 is ideal

Breaking up their "routine" can help. I have heard these work:
- car rides
- moving both doe and buck to a different environment (cage)
- attempting breeding at different times of the day (if you normally try in the morning - try in the evening, towards dark)
- feed black oil sunflower seeds
- continue trying every day
- Apple Cider Vinegar in their water
- longer hours of light - heard 14 is ideal
Do you know how much apple cider vinegar per water ratio

Do you know how much apple cider vinegar per water ratio
Add 1 to 2 tablespoons to a gallon of water. Start with one and work up to two, sometimes I do not even measure it just a splash in a gallon jug and good to go. It should be the ACV "with Mother" - The unfiltered and unrefined vinegar with cloudy and murky appearance is called apple cider vinegar with "mother".

Add 1 to 2 tablespoons to a gallon of water. Start with one and work up to two, sometimes I do not even measure it just a splash in a gallon jug and good to go. It should be the ACV "with Mother" - The unfiltered and unrefined vinegar with cloudy and murky appearance is called apple cider vinegar with "mother".
Thanks I have brags with mother I will try that!

Latest posts

Back